09-18-2009 6:50 AM
Be advised, when planning to use a new line internationally:
1. AT&T placed, without our knowledge, a "90-day hold" on international service on a Blackberry Bold added to our multi-decade AT&T contracts, calling it a "new line" (It was our 5th line)
2. Order placed w/ ATT before traveling acquired International Calling plan, so we were told
3. Once in Europe, NO service, phone or data
4. Call to ATT&T "support" told us we needed to FAX a "utility bill" and a photo ID for them to consider activating international service -- Given that we were IN EUROPE, we had no such "utility bill" so service was denied
5. Upon returning home, AT&T "graciously" decided to add the international plans we had originally requested, now that we no longer need them.
AT&T's practice and service to a customer of 20 years was inexcusable. BE WARNED
09-19-2009 1:25 PM
09-24-2009 11:30 AM
09-24-2009 11:46 AM
Not to be a Monday morning quarterback, but for something as important as this, you should have verfied that the features were added, before leaving the country. A simple check of your online account status would have revealed the issue.
People make mistakes. It doesn't matter if you're a 20 year customer or not. Never assume that anything you are told over the phone is correct.
09-28-2009 4:00 AM
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!