Helpful Links

International Roaming on New Account

Contributor

International Roaming on New Account

I am currently thinking about opening a new account with AT&T.  I presently have a Verison Prepaid phone, and want to switch to a family plan, but have not changed yet.

My problem/question is - we are planning to travel to Europe in mid-June (4 weeks from now) - and would like to be able to use our phones while there.  From what I've read, I may not be able to enable International Roaming if I'm a new customer.  When I asked the rep at the AT&T store, he said that it was no problem, but he is also new.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get international roaming on a new account (less than 30 days).  We have good credit, if that makes a difference.

If we can't get it, I may delay opening an account, or consider another carrier.  I already know I can't use my Verizon phone internationally, so I may need to rent a phone for travel purposes.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Professor

Re: International Roaming on New Account

I don't have an answer but have you considered getting prepaid phones when you arrive in Europe. Most phones there are prepaid and cheaper than roaming a US phone.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support