Insurance plan...

Contributor

Insurance plan...

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but I have a Captivate, and I have had problems with it since day one. I noticed that randomly when I am typing a text message and when loading a page in the browser, the search button "presses" itself over and over again. I know that this is a common problem in the earlier builds of the phone, but I have really gotten fed up with the problems, build quality, and samsung's crap with software updates. I really would like a replacement phone, however, I don't want it to be a samsung as I have always had problems with their phones (and thinking that this one would be an exception, it obviously is not).

So, my question is: with an insurance plan, would it be possible to get a different phone as a replacement (such as the new Motorola Atrix)? I have voided my warranty since I have rooted the phone and gotten rid of crapware, so a warranty replacement is out of the question. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: Insurance plan...

The insurance replacement would be the same device. If you don't already have insurance you might be too late to enroll, the enrollment period is 30 days from date of purchase. If you are enrolled, you will have to pay a deductible to file a claim, for smartphones i believe it is $125. The motorola atrix has not been released either way...

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support