Insurance for I4 phone

Contributor

Insurance for I4 phone

How is the insurance beneficial if the deductable for the phone is $199?

Message 1 of 6 (284 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Insurance for I4 phone

You can buy Apple Care Plus. It is $99 for 2 years, and phone replacement is $49, limited to 2 incidents. Does not cover lost phone like insurance does.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (280 Views)
Professor

Paying $199 is cheaper than the replacement cost of the phone, which is around ~$500.00 or higher, depending on the storage capacity.

Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)
Contributor

I only paid $200.00 for the phone.

Message 4 of 6 (272 Views)
Guru

$199 is the subsidized price with a 2 year contract. If you lose your iPhone now it will cost a lot more than $200
Message 5 of 6 (261 Views)
Former Employee

You can get it for $199 when signing a 2 year contract, then you won't be able to get it for that price until you're eligible for an upgrade (usually 18-20 mo), until then your "$200" phone will cost you $649, which is a full retail price. 

Full Retail Price:

16GB - $649

32GB - $749

64GB - $849

There is also an "early upgrade" pricing available after 6 months into the contract for $200 off the full retail price, with a new 2 year contract.

Message 6 of 6 (230 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.