Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 23, 2011
8:45:10 PM
View profile
Inspire texting problem since update...
Just wondering if anyone else has heard of, or is having this problem. Ever since I did this Android update a few days ago I have had this annoying problem when I am composing text messages. While typing a message, if I need to backspace, the phone freezes for a few seconds, then a screen comes up for me to select messages to delete. I hit cancel, but the screen continuously comes back. I have to do this lots of times before I am returned to my message. Sometimes I am returned to my message screen, but at the very top of the messages (i need.to scroll down many pages to get back to where I can type).

I am assuming that this has something to do with the update as I am not doing anything differently than I was before. I have no third party texting apps installed or anything like that. My phone is pretty stock.

Any insight or advice would be welcomed. This is quite annoying since I do frequently have to backspace...
Just wondering if anyone else has heard of, or is having this problem. Ever since I did this Android update a few days ago I have had this annoying problem when I am composing text messages. While typing a message, if I need to backspace, the phone freezes for a few seconds, then a screen comes up for me to select messages to delete. I hit cancel, but the screen continuously comes back. I have to do this lots of times before I am returned to my message. Sometimes I am returned to my message screen, but at the very top of the messages (i need.to scroll down many pages to get back to where I can type).

I am assuming that this has something to do with the update as I am not doing anything differently than I was before. I have no third party texting apps installed or anything like that. My phone is pretty stock.

Any insight or advice would be welcomed. This is quite annoying since I do frequently have to backspace...

Inspire texting problem since update...

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 5:30:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having this same issue, but unfortunately I don't have an answer as to what's causing the problem or how to fix.

Hoping that somebody else does because it's incredibly annoying...
I'm having this same issue, but unfortunately I don't have an answer as to what's causing the problem or how to fix.

Hoping that somebody else does because it's incredibly annoying...

Re: Inspire texting problem since update...

2 of 7 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2011 5:38:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
After doing a little more research, I discovered that this is one of several common issues related to the "gingerbread" update. From what I have seen, people have been having these issues for months and are awaiting a new update to fix the last update.
After doing a little more research, I discovered that this is one of several common issues related to the "gingerbread" update. From what I have seen, people have been having these issues for months and are awaiting a new update to fix the last update.

3 of 7 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 1:17:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

In the mean time (at least until there is a fix) a third party messaging app seems to be a good alternative.  I've used both Handcent and GO SMS Pro and prefer them over the stock messaging app anyway.  They don't seem to have the same issues the stock app has with the update. 

In the mean time (at least until there is a fix) a third party messaging app seems to be a good alternative.  I've used both Handcent and GO SMS Pro and prefer them over the stock messaging app anyway.  They don't seem to have the same issues the stock app has with the update. 

4 of 7 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:15:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

The texting issue is a well documented problem with the Gingerbread update for quite a few phones.  Most of the time my contact information will eventually update on the text but I have not really tried to figure out if there is a way to force it.  Just keep waiting and hoping they update it.  Not sure if Google's and HTC's interest is too focused on ICS (Android 4) or not.

The texting issue is a well documented problem with the Gingerbread update for quite a few phones.  Most of the time my contact information will eventually update on the text but I have not really tried to figure out if there is a way to force it.  Just keep waiting and hoping they update it.  Not sure if Google's and HTC's interest is too focused on ICS (Android 4) or not.

5 of 7 (564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:25:34 AM
(0)
Professor

aybarrap1 wrote:

I think it is really pathetic that, between AT&T and HTC, they haven't offered up a fix for this. I would be more inclined to believe they are more focused on getting you to buy the next great device, a.k.a. the Vivid, than fix the flawed update they have put out.

aybarrap1 wrote:

I think it is really pathetic that, between AT&T and HTC, they haven't offered up a fix for this. I would be more inclined to believe they are more focused on getting you to buy the next great device, a.k.a. the Vivid, than fix the flawed update they have put out.

6 of 7 (556 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2011 9:05:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

aybarrap1 wrote:

You have the gist of it.  As far as AT&T is concerned, it is all about keeping your contract constantly renewed.  Guarantees them revenue.  If a lot of people were extremely happy about their current phone, a lot of wireless companies could potentially make less money.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

aybarrap1 wrote:

You have the gist of it.  As far as AT&T is concerned, it is all about keeping your contract constantly renewed.  Guarantees them revenue.  If a lot of people were extremely happy about their current phone, a lot of wireless companies could potentially make less money.

7 of 7 (550 Views)