Inspire and HTC Sync

Tutor

Inspire and HTC Sync

I've had my Inspire for about three weeks, and I've yet to get HTC Sync to work with it.  I go through and select that option when I connect the USB cable to my computer, and I have the software downloaded, but the software always says there's no device connected.

When I go into Synchonization Status under Settings, it says "Connected" but when I press the "Sync Now" button, it says "Synchronizing" for about a second, before going straight back to just "Connected" and it has always said there are no Synchronization records under "History."  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Message 1 of 5 (3,023 Views)
Professor

Re: Inspire and HTC Sync

starri wrote:

I've had my Inspire for about three weeks, and I've yet to get HTC Sync to work with it.  I go through and select that option when I connect the USB cable to my computer, and I have the software downloaded, but the software always says there's no device connected.

When I go into Synchonization Status under Settings, it says "Connected" but when I press the "Sync Now" button, it says "Synchronizing" for about a second, before going straight back to just "Connected" and it has always said there are no Synchronization records under "History."  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have read numerous posts like this on other forums. It seems there may be an issue the usb drivers with the software package. Apparently they are somewhat flakey. I would try uninstalling HTC Sync, rebooting the PC, and then doing a fresh install as soon as it boots up. Also, if you are using the ADB interface for anything, those drivers will interfere. If you are, just make sure you have debugging turned off on the device and go to Task Manager on the PC and kill the ADB interface if it is running.

Message 2 of 5 (2,989 Views)
Tutor

Still no go.  I'm starting to wonder if I should return the phone and try something else.  

Message 3 of 5 (2,971 Views)
Professor

starri wrote:

Still no go.  I'm starting to wonder if I should return the phone and try something else.  

Having recognition problems could be issues with the drivers or even the storage card. What operating system do you have on your PC? What version of HTC Sync are you using? I don't use HTC Sync, but I connected my Inspire to my PC just to see what type of connection it uses. Low and bold it fired up the development interface. With my windows XP, it automatically installed the ADB drivers for the ADB Interface. These should be the same drivers that are included with the Sync software packet, but as I stated I have heard of issues with the included drivers. There are drivers that are available that are not part of the software packet. You could try installing these drivers. You can also try this connection suggestion that this poster on the Sync forum provided, which worked for him, just incase it is an issue of reading the sd card:

http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/100/t/9930.aspx

Message 4 of 5 (2,956 Views)
Contributor

i cannot get my htc inspire to sync on the software program htc sync

Message 5 of 5 (1,858 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.