Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 11, 2011
5:45:45 PM
View profile
Infuse says loudly "YOU HAVE ONE NEW EMAILS"

Example:  When I send myself a test email from my Mac, or any source, it comes to me on the Infuse twice, once as a text, with the chosen audio prompt, and a little later as an email, with the loud verbal announcement in the subject title.  I only want/need any incoming to occur once, and I certainly don't want any verbal announcements!  I can't find where I chose this.

Yes, non-young dude with first smartie.

thanks and please, ya'll..........waiting......waiting.......

Example:  When I send myself a test email from my Mac, or any source, it comes to me on the Infuse twice, once as a text, with the chosen audio prompt, and a little later as an email, with the loud verbal announcement in the subject title.  I only want/need any incoming to occur once, and I certainly don't want any verbal announcements!  I can't find where I chose this.

Yes, non-young dude with first smartie.

thanks and please, ya'll..........waiting......waiting.......

Infuse says loudly "YOU HAVE ONE NEW EMAILS"

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 11:24:32 AM
(0)
Guru
Go to settings, voice input and output, text to speech, uncheck Driving Mode. That should stop the verbal announcements.
Go to settings, voice input and output, text to speech, uncheck Driving Mode. That should stop the verbal announcements.

Re: Infuse says loudly "YOU HAVE ONE NEW EMAILS"

2 of 3 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2011 11:27:00 AM
(0)
Guru
When you send an email, you receive a text message? Sounds like you have you email client notifying you of new emails via text message, if I'm understanding the issue.
When you send an email, you receive a text message? Sounds like you have you email client notifying you of new emails via text message, if I'm understanding the issue.

Re: Infuse says loudly "YOU HAVE ONE NEW EMAILS"

3 of 3 (500 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments