Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 16, 2011
8:34:41 PM
View profile
Infuse gingerbread
Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!
Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!

Infuse gingerbread

40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 3:03:19 PM
(0)
Mentor
Also, the Captivate got the update last week, and that phone has the exact same specs as the Infuse. I also heard that the Gingerbread update gave the Captivate baseband UCKK2, same as some of the leaks (probably the latest version) for the Infuse.
Also, the Captivate got the update last week, and that phone has the exact same specs as the Infuse. I also heard that the Gingerbread update gave the Captivate baseband UCKK2, same as some of the leaks (probably the latest version) for the Infuse.

Re: Infuse gingerbread

31 of 41 (2,887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 4:42:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for updates and information!  Hopefully AT&T releases the update soon..

Thanks for updates and information!  Hopefully AT&T releases the update soon..

32 of 41 (2,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 8:23:46 AM
(0)
Guru

lee1001 wrote:
Last I heard from AT&T, which was this morning, they said that they had no information to share at the moment. I was quite surprised at that, in that it conflicts with how imminent the update might be. Take a look at the numerous leaks that were released over the past few months for this phone. I also read on another forum this morning about this matter that the leaks stopped about a month ago, and they said how that might mean the update should be finalized or somewhere pretty close to that.

Samsung has an open source website where you can search for the phone model (in this case, i997) and download a .zip file, presumably an "official" leak.

Given all this, I don't understand why there is no further information regarding the Gingerbread update. It's getting very frustrating having to deal with my phone freezing and having poor battery life, two things that Gingerbread is supposed to fix. Froyo is not doing a good job managing things like these. Why was this phone shipped with Froyo in the first place?

I just checked opensource.samsung.com - they don't have leaks there, and there is nothing new there for Infuse.  The last release was the Rogers UXKG3 Gingerbread source from late July.  (Canadians have had a half-baked Gingerbread release with a bunch of flaws since late July.)

Sadly, there are a LOT of differences between the Captivate and the Infuse at a low level...

The latest Infuse leak is UCKL2, which is a somewhat newer build than the UCKK4 release that went official for Captivate.  The Captivat's UCKK4 release went "official" on opensource.samsung.com 2-3 weeks before AT&T released it.  No such luck with Infuse UCKL2.

lee1001 wrote:
Last I heard from AT&T, which was this morning, they said that they had no information to share at the moment. I was quite surprised at that, in that it conflicts with how imminent the update might be. Take a look at the numerous leaks that were released over the past few months for this phone. I also read on another forum this morning about this matter that the leaks stopped about a month ago, and they said how that might mean the update should be finalized or somewhere pretty close to that.

Samsung has an open source website where you can search for the phone model (in this case, i997) and download a .zip file, presumably an "official" leak.

Given all this, I don't understand why there is no further information regarding the Gingerbread update. It's getting very frustrating having to deal with my phone freezing and having poor battery life, two things that Gingerbread is supposed to fix. Froyo is not doing a good job managing things like these. Why was this phone shipped with Froyo in the first place?

I just checked opensource.samsung.com - they don't have leaks there, and there is nothing new there for Infuse.  The last release was the Rogers UXKG3 Gingerbread source from late July.  (Canadians have had a half-baked Gingerbread release with a bunch of flaws since late July.)

Sadly, there are a LOT of differences between the Captivate and the Infuse at a low level...

The latest Infuse leak is UCKL2, which is a somewhat newer build than the UCKK4 release that went official for Captivate.  The Captivat's UCKK4 release went "official" on opensource.samsung.com 2-3 weeks before AT&T released it.  No such luck with Infuse UCKL2.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

33 of 41 (2,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 8:30:41 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by lee1001 on Jan 17, 2012 at 8:31:25 AM

Entropy512 wrote:

What exactly is on that open source site for the AT&T version of the Infuse? I tried downloading whatever it was that was over 100MB, but it stopped downloading after a while. What is it, anyway? And what are some of those differences between the Captivate and the Infuse? (Sorry if it's a known fact. I thought the Infuse was just a slightly modified Captivate.) 

Leaks stopped for the Infuse a while ago, according to another forum I read. Doesn't that mean the update is coming close to being released?

Entropy512 wrote:

What exactly is on that open source site for the AT&T version of the Infuse? I tried downloading whatever it was that was over 100MB, but it stopped downloading after a while. What is it, anyway? And what are some of those differences between the Captivate and the Infuse? (Sorry if it's a known fact. I thought the Infuse was just a slightly modified Captivate.) 

Leaks stopped for the Infuse a while ago, according to another forum I read. Doesn't that mean the update is coming close to being released?

[ Edited ]
34 of 41 (2,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2012 6:26:06 AM
(0)
Guru

lee1001 wrote:

Entropy512 wrote:

Source code for GPL-licensed components of the system.  This is primarily the Linux kernel.

The AT&T (SGH-I997) release there is Froyo source, the Rogers (SGH-I997R) release there is Gingerbread.

However Rogers Gingerbread is missing some features - most importantly no MHL (HDMI output) support.

The last AT&T Gingerbread leak was UCKL2 in early December.  Note that Captivate UCKK4 took over a month to get released by AT&T (built in November, released to users in January).  Captivate UCKK4 source was released in late December, 2-3 weeks before AT&T released the firmware officially.

lee1001 wrote:

Entropy512 wrote:

Source code for GPL-licensed components of the system.  This is primarily the Linux kernel.

The AT&T (SGH-I997) release there is Froyo source, the Rogers (SGH-I997R) release there is Gingerbread.

However Rogers Gingerbread is missing some features - most importantly no MHL (HDMI output) support.

The last AT&T Gingerbread leak was UCKL2 in early December.  Note that Captivate UCKK4 took over a month to get released by AT&T (built in November, released to users in January).  Captivate UCKK4 source was released in late December, 2-3 weeks before AT&T released the firmware officially.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

35 of 41 (2,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2012 12:27:37 PM
(0)
Mentor
Samsung released Kies mini for this phone yesterday. Which can mean only one thing: the Gingerbread update is right around the corner! Don't believe me? Then go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/at-t/SGH-I997ZKAATT, click "Software" and see for yourself. Then download and install it and get excited. Look forward to the update coming in the next few days/weeks!
Samsung released Kies mini for this phone yesterday. Which can mean only one thing: the Gingerbread update is right around the corner! Don't believe me? Then go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/at-t/SGH-I997ZKAATT, click "Software" and see for yourself. Then download and install it and get excited. Look forward to the update coming in the next few days/weeks!

36 of 41 (2,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2012 1:54:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

yes, and once you install Kies you get taken to the upgrade page, but the upgrade has not released yet therefore the button for doing the upgrade is greyed out.

See the screen shot here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Kies-Mini-Now-available-for-Infuse-from-Samsung/td-p/3031763

yes, and once you install Kies you get taken to the upgrade page, but the upgrade has not released yet therefore the button for doing the upgrade is greyed out.

See the screen shot here

http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Kies-Mini-Now-available-for-Infuse-from-Samsung/td-p/3031763

37 of 41 (2,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2012 1:16:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sorry but Im new to this. I just got the phone not so long ago so yea. But what is Kies mini?  & what does it mean if its already out?

Sorry but Im new to this. I just got the phone not so long ago so yea. But what is Kies mini?  & what does it mean if its already out?

38 of 41 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2012 8:13:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
Kies is a Samsung support app that can update your phone 's os and sync other stuff to and from your computer. "already out" means it's available on the Samsung website.
Kies is a Samsung support app that can update your phone 's os and sync other stuff to and from your computer. "already out" means it's available on the Samsung website.

39 of 41 (2,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2012 12:15:11 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by shamill3759 on Feb 3, 2012 at 12:16:30 PM

Looks like this needs updating...Gingerbread is now released for the Infuse (if you already didn't know).

Make sure your phone is charged to 100% before plugging it into your computer.  You need to download "Kies mini" from Samsung, install on you computer (Windows only), start it, plug in your phone, select Kies mini on phone, click Update on computer...10-15 minutes later you are done.

The only loss of data is Angry Birds, which can just be downloaded again from the Android Market.

Have fun!!!

Looks like this needs updating...Gingerbread is now released for the Infuse (if you already didn't know).

Make sure your phone is charged to 100% before plugging it into your computer.  You need to download "Kies mini" from Samsung, install on you computer (Windows only), start it, plug in your phone, select Kies mini on phone, click Update on computer...10-15 minutes later you are done.

The only loss of data is Angry Birds, which can just be downloaded again from the Android Market.

Have fun!!!

[ Edited ]
40 of 41 (1,231 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2012 6:00:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
EVERYONE. Just froget AT&T and samsung. Update MANUALLY. Its easy.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-samsung-infuse/153928-trouble-kies-mini-read-here.html
EVERYONE. Just froget AT&T and samsung. Update MANUALLY. Its easy.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-samsung-infuse/153928-trouble-kies-mini-read-here.html

41 of 41 (1,236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments