Posted Dec 16, 2011
8:34:41 PM
View profile
Infuse gingerbread
Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!
Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!

Infuse gingerbread

40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 6:50:30 AM
(0)
Tutor
Nobody know whats taking so long with the infuse update. At&t stated that all of their phones including the infuse will get gingerbread by the end of the year. Only two weeks to go!
Nobody know whats taking so long with the infuse update. At&t stated that all of their phones including the infuse will get gingerbread by the end of the year. Only two weeks to go!

Re: Infuse gingerbread

2 of 41 (3,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 11:17:15 AM
(0)
We will see if they can keep their promise I pay 100 bucks a month for.
We will see if they can keep their promise I pay 100 bucks a month for.

3 of 41 (3,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 7:01:39 AM
(0)
Guru

They likely won't...  They wasted too much time trying to give you spyware (Carrier IQ), only to incur the wrath of a US Senator (Al Franken).

They pulled CIQ from the UCKL2 leak REALLY fast.  :smileyhappy:

They likely won't...  They wasted too much time trying to give you spyware (Carrier IQ), only to incur the wrath of a US Senator (Al Franken).

They pulled CIQ from the UCKL2 leak REALLY fast.  :smileyhappy:

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

4 of 41 (3,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 7:35:02 PM
(0)
Guess I should have done more phone homework before buying infuse. Do like phone though. Hoping update works out some quirks we all get
Guess I should have done more phone homework before buying infuse. Do like phone though. Hoping update works out some quirks we all get

5 of 41 (3,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2011 9:53:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

what does the term "gingerbread" mean? Im new to smartphone since i got my infuse a few days ago

what does the term "gingerbread" mean? Im new to smartphone since i got my infuse a few days ago

6 of 41 (3,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2011 2:10:32 PM
(0)
Guru

RJ1993 wrote:

Google codenames Android major releases with names of desserts in increasing alphabetical order.

1.6 - Donut

2.1 - Eclair

2.2 - Froyo

2.3 - Gingerbread

3.x - Honeycomb

4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich

RJ1993 wrote:

Google codenames Android major releases with names of desserts in increasing alphabetical order.

1.6 - Donut

2.1 - Eclair

2.2 - Froyo

2.3 - Gingerbread

3.x - Honeycomb

4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

7 of 41 (3,416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 1:32:15 AM
(0)
Employee
AT&T said all 2011 Androids will get it.just don't know when
AT&T said all 2011 Androids will get it.just don't know when
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 41 (3,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 9:00:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

They have a week before I start complaining to customer service daily. This is ridiculous. One of the reasons why I purchased the Infuse was the promise of Gingerbread by years end.

They have a week before I start complaining to customer service daily. This is ridiculous. One of the reasons why I purchased the Infuse was the promise of Gingerbread by years end.

9 of 41 (2,848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 2:17:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

@shiby4505

I am with you on this.

@shiby4505

I am with you on this.

10 of 41 (2,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 4:22:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

I talked with an service tech today she said she was sending me an Gingerbread update for my Samsung Infuse just got it for Christmas. She said ok thats no problem as of yet I have not gotten it. 

Anyone  with this problem?

Thanks Im a new guy here.

Tony:smileyhappy:

I talked with an service tech today she said she was sending me an Gingerbread update for my Samsung Infuse just got it for Christmas. She said ok thats no problem as of yet I have not gotten it. 

Anyone  with this problem?

Thanks Im a new guy here.

Tony:smileyhappy:

11 of 41 (3,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 4:23:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Know anything about Gingerbread update yet?

Know anything about Gingerbread update yet?

12 of 41 (3,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 4:37:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

tray- I hope you get the update as promised. I am a little skeptical about the rep., they have a track record of promising things they can't deliver. Please keep us informed and make sure you get her full name and extension (Please do not post her info on the forum) and we can PM you for it. Good Luck

tray- I hope you get the update as promised. I am a little skeptical about the rep., they have a track record of promising things they can't deliver. Please keep us informed and make sure you get her full name and extension (Please do not post her info on the forum) and we can PM you for it. Good Luck

13 of 41 (3,864 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 5:41:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just wanted to update everyone, I called tech support and the rep stated that I can go to Samsungs web site and find the GB App. Of course when I asked her to confirm this info, she was unable to locate it. Then she very confidently told me to just Google " GB update for the Infuse 4G" and I would find it!!!! WOW. Anyhow, I asked, very politely, for a supervisor and she placed me on hold.......for over 25 minutes......and then......I was disconnected. Great customer service. T-Mobile here I come.

Just wanted to update everyone, I called tech support and the rep stated that I can go to Samsungs web site and find the GB App. Of course when I asked her to confirm this info, she was unable to locate it. Then she very confidently told me to just Google " GB update for the Infuse 4G" and I would find it!!!! WOW. Anyhow, I asked, very politely, for a supervisor and she placed me on hold.......for over 25 minutes......and then......I was disconnected. Great customer service. T-Mobile here I come.

14 of 41 (3,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2012 7:31:06 PM
(0)
The racket continues
The racket continues

15 of 41 (3,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 11:41:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Wonder why AT7T is pulling there legs on the gingerbread release when Sprint just released the gingerbread update on the Samsung Replenish which hardwise is not even close to the infuse.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sprint-Rolls-Out-Android-2-3-Gingerbread-Update-for-Samsung-Replenish...

Wonder why AT7T is pulling there legs on the gingerbread release when Sprint just released the gingerbread update on the Samsung Replenish which hardwise is not even close to the infuse.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sprint-Rolls-Out-Android-2-3-Gingerbread-Update-for-Samsung-Replenish-244519.shtml

16 of 41 (3,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 6:49:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

I think it is just crazy that a company this large can not produce updates for phones they sell. I bought this phone because the att rep at the store said it was one of the best and was being updated to the latest android OS. It has been 5 months and they still have nothing released. What is even more sad is that Samsung lets att decide when and if a release is allowed. I would like to see att tell apple when and how they should have iphones updated. I work for one of att's largest customers and activate phones and blackberrys all day long. After seeing how they handle updates and how poor customer service reps are trained, i will be telling users from now on to stay away from att. Its a shame how many people att has pi$ sed off. Customer service is last on the plate for them. If i was att i would have waived the 2 year agreement and let people get the new updated phones for the 2 year price.

I think it is just crazy that a company this large can not produce updates for phones they sell. I bought this phone because the att rep at the store said it was one of the best and was being updated to the latest android OS. It has been 5 months and they still have nothing released. What is even more sad is that Samsung lets att decide when and if a release is allowed. I would like to see att tell apple when and how they should have iphones updated. I work for one of att's largest customers and activate phones and blackberrys all day long. After seeing how they handle updates and how poor customer service reps are trained, i will be telling users from now on to stay away from att. Its a shame how many people att has pi$ sed off. Customer service is last on the plate for them. If i was att i would have waived the 2 year agreement and let people get the new updated phones for the 2 year price.

17 of 41 (3,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 11:37:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called AT&T the other day and a tech rep told me after 20 minutes that they have no control over the updates and to mail corporate. I sent out a letter tastefully explaining my displeasure over the way AT&T is treating us. Lets see the form letter they send back to me. If it is a form letter, my next correspondence won't be as cordial as this one.

I called AT&T the other day and a tech rep told me after 20 minutes that they have no control over the updates and to mail corporate. I sent out a letter tastefully explaining my displeasure over the way AT&T is treating us. Lets see the form letter they send back to me. If it is a form letter, my next correspondence won't be as cordial as this one.

18 of 41 (3,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 11:58:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yes, good luck with that. AT&T is really screwing us all on the Infuse. I've been a loyal customer for over ten years and I'm thinking about changing. Tired of empty promises and a non responsive culture.
Yes, good luck with that. AT&T is really screwing us all on the Infuse. I've been a loyal customer for over ten years and I'm thinking about changing. Tired of empty promises and a non responsive culture.

19 of 41 (3,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2012 5:41:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why would AT&T update the OS of the Infuse?  That would mean you will keep the phone when the 2 year contract will expire and not upgrade to the latest and greatest phone.  Cell phones were probably designed for only two years anyway.

Why would AT&T update the OS of the Infuse?  That would mean you will keep the phone when the 2 year contract will expire and not upgrade to the latest and greatest phone.  Cell phones were probably designed for only two years anyway.

20 of 41 (2,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 1:45:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

We would not neccessarily keep the phone after the two years. I am not expecting ICS on the phone. But a 2.3 update which they promised does have better battery life plus other features which I subscribe to like UltraViolet movies through Flixster.

We would not neccessarily keep the phone after the two years. I am not expecting ICS on the phone. But a 2.3 update which they promised does have better battery life plus other features which I subscribe to like UltraViolet movies through Flixster.

21 of 41 (2,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2012 6:15:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones. The issue here is that AT&T promised Gingerbread for the Infuse, and is yet to release it.

Like already posted look at Sprint they released Gingerbread on outdated Samsung query phone!!

Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones. The issue here is that AT&T promised Gingerbread for the Infuse, and is yet to release it.

Like already posted look at Sprint they released Gingerbread on outdated Samsung query phone!!

22 of 41 (2,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2012 7:34:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Like you stated,  "Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones".  In two years, Gingerbread will be obsolete and AT&T will still be promising an upgrade to the OS after you've bought the lastest and greatest phone.  The only difference between AT&T and Microsoft is Microsoft will "fix" the problem while AT&T will promise and promise and promise........

Like you stated,  "Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones".  In two years, Gingerbread will be obsolete and AT&T will still be promising an upgrade to the OS after you've bought the lastest and greatest phone.  The only difference between AT&T and Microsoft is Microsoft will "fix" the problem while AT&T will promise and promise and promise........

23 of 41 (2,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 2:22:52 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Jan 9, 2012 at 2:49:07 PM

You guys are a trip. You actually believed a rep would send you the GB update without telling the rest of the world how to get it? This is yet another AT&T joke. The reps have heard nothing but "Where is gingerbread" for months now. They will say absolutely anything to get you guys off the phone. They hate you more than they hate their jobs.

You need to come to the realization that AT&T is not going out of its way to get this update out. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

You guys are a trip. You actually believed a rep would send you the GB update without telling the rest of the world how to get it? This is yet another AT&T joke. The reps have heard nothing but "Where is gingerbread" for months now. They will say absolutely anything to get you guys off the phone. They hate you more than they hate their jobs.

You need to come to the realization that AT&T is not going out of its way to get this update out. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
24 of 41 (2,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 10:27:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

Heard that captivate got GB upgrade... when will infuse get it...!

Heard that captivate got GB upgrade... when will infuse get it...!

25 of 41 (1,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 4:41:04 AM
(0)
Scholar

That is good news which means Infuse should get it in a few days if not today at some point!

That is good news which means Infuse should get it in a few days if not today at some point!

26 of 41 (1,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2012 6:59:43 AM
(0)
Guru

Bad news is I'm fairly certain UCKL2 for Infuse has the same problem with BT-AMP as the UCKJ2 leak did, and that one is identical to the UCKK6 battery drain issue people are having with the I777.  :smileysad:

Bad news is I'm fairly certain UCKL2 for Infuse has the same problem with BT-AMP as the UCKJ2 leak did, and that one is identical to the UCKK6 battery drain issue people are having with the I777.  :smileysad:

27 of 41 (1,851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2012 7:05:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Now that it has been a few days since the Captivate got the much awaited Gingerbread update anyone from ATT tell us when Gingerbread updated for Infuse will official release?  We all know we can get the leaked version and void our warranty updating the phone if we want..

Now that it has been a few days since the Captivate got the much awaited Gingerbread update anyone from ATT tell us when Gingerbread updated for Infuse will official release?  We all know we can get the leaked version and void our warranty updating the phone if we want..

28 of 41 (1,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 10:49:21 AM
(0)
BUMP for Gingerbread Update. Looks like we get screwed again. The rogers Infuse got an official Gingerbread update a looooong time ago. Come on ATT. No wonder everyone talks BAD about the service and customer experience.
BUMP for Gingerbread Update. Looks like we get screwed again. The rogers Infuse got an official Gingerbread update a looooong time ago. Come on ATT. No wonder everyone talks BAD about the service and customer experience.

29 of 41 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2012 2:59:51 PM
(0)
Mentor
Last I heard from AT&T, which was this morning, they said that they had no information to share at the moment. I was quite surprised at that, in that it conflicts with how imminent the update might be. Take a look at the numerous leaks that were released over the past few months for this phone. I also read on another forum this morning about this matter that the leaks stopped about a month ago, and they said how that might mean the update should be finalized or somewhere pretty close to that.

Samsung has an open source website where you can search for the phone model (in this case, i997) and download a .zip file, presumably an "official" leak.

Given all this, I don't understand why there is no further information regarding the Gingerbread update. It's getting very frustrating having to deal with my phone freezing and having poor battery life, two things that Gingerbread is supposed to fix. Froyo is not doing a good job managing things like these. Why was this phone shipped with Froyo in the first place?
Last I heard from AT&T, which was this morning, they said that they had no information to share at the moment. I was quite surprised at that, in that it conflicts with how imminent the update might be. Take a look at the numerous leaks that were released over the past few months for this phone. I also read on another forum this morning about this matter that the leaks stopped about a month ago, and they said how that might mean the update should be finalized or somewhere pretty close to that.

Samsung has an open source website where you can search for the phone model (in this case, i997) and download a .zip file, presumably an "official" leak.

Given all this, I don't understand why there is no further information regarding the Gingerbread update. It's getting very frustrating having to deal with my phone freezing and having poor battery life, two things that Gingerbread is supposed to fix. Froyo is not doing a good job managing things like these. Why was this phone shipped with Froyo in the first place?

30 of 41 (1,116 Views)