Infuse gingerbread

Teacher

Infuse gingerbread

Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!
Message 1 of 41 (4,426 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Infuse gingerbread

Wonder why AT7T is pulling there legs on the gingerbread release when Sprint just released the gingerbread update on the Samsung Replenish which hardwise is not even close to the infuse.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sprint-Rolls-Out-Android-2-3-Gingerbread-Update-for-Samsung-Replenish...

Message 16 of 41 (3,983 Views)
Contributor

I think it is just crazy that a company this large can not produce updates for phones they sell. I bought this phone because the att rep at the store said it was one of the best and was being updated to the latest android OS. It has been 5 months and they still have nothing released. What is even more sad is that Samsung lets att decide when and if a release is allowed. I would like to see att tell apple when and how they should have iphones updated. I work for one of att's largest customers and activate phones and blackberrys all day long. After seeing how they handle updates and how poor customer service reps are trained, i will be telling users from now on to stay away from att. Its a shame how many people att has pi$ sed off. Customer service is last on the plate for them. If i was att i would have waived the 2 year agreement and let people get the new updated phones for the 2 year price.

Message 17 of 41 (3,842 Views)
Tutor

I called AT&T the other day and a tech rep told me after 20 minutes that they have no control over the updates and to mail corporate. I sent out a letter tastefully explaining my displeasure over the way AT&T is treating us. Lets see the form letter they send back to me. If it is a form letter, my next correspondence won't be as cordial as this one.

Message 18 of 41 (3,751 Views)

Yes, good luck with that. AT&T is really screwing us all on the Infuse. I've been a loyal customer for over ten years and I'm thinking about changing. Tired of empty promises and a non responsive culture.
Message 19 of 41 (3,749 Views)
blc
Contributor

Why would AT&T update the OS of the Infuse?  That would mean you will keep the phone when the 2 year contract will expire and not upgrade to the latest and greatest phone.  Cell phones were probably designed for only two years anyway.

Message 20 of 41 (3,490 Views)
Tutor

We would not neccessarily keep the phone after the two years. I am not expecting ICS on the phone. But a 2.3 update which they promised does have better battery life plus other features which I subscribe to like UltraViolet movies through Flixster.

Message 21 of 41 (2,953 Views)
Scholar

Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones. The issue here is that AT&T promised Gingerbread for the Infuse, and is yet to release it.

Like already posted look at Sprint they released Gingerbread on outdated Samsung query phone!!

Message 22 of 41 (2,847 Views)
blc
Contributor

Like you stated,  "Customer's will always upgrade to the latests phones".  In two years, Gingerbread will be obsolete and AT&T will still be promising an upgrade to the OS after you've bought the lastest and greatest phone.  The only difference between AT&T and Microsoft is Microsoft will "fix" the problem while AT&T will promise and promise and promise........

Message 23 of 41 (2,749 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

You guys are a trip. You actually believed a rep would send you the GB update without telling the rest of the world how to get it? This is yet another AT&T joke. The reps have heard nothing but "Where is gingerbread" for months now. They will say absolutely anything to get you guys off the phone. They hate you more than they hate their jobs.

You need to come to the realization that AT&T is not going out of its way to get this update out. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 24 of 41 (2,652 Views)
Teacher

Heard that captivate got GB upgrade... when will infuse get it...!

Message 25 of 41 (2,420 Views)
Scholar

That is good news which means Infuse should get it in a few days if not today at some point!

Message 26 of 41 (2,399 Views)

Bad news is I'm fairly certain UCKL2 for Infuse has the same problem with BT-AMP as the UCKJ2 leak did, and that one is identical to the UCKK6 battery drain issue people are having with the I777.  Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 41 (2,377 Views)
Scholar

Now that it has been a few days since the Captivate got the much awaited Gingerbread update anyone from ATT tell us when Gingerbread updated for Infuse will official release?  We all know we can get the leaked version and void our warranty updating the phone if we want..

Message 28 of 41 (1,853 Views)
Tutor

BUMP for Gingerbread Update. Looks like we get screwed again. The rogers Infuse got an official Gingerbread update a looooong time ago. Come on ATT. No wonder everyone talks BAD about the service and customer experience.
Message 29 of 41 (1,665 Views)
Mentor

Last I heard from AT&T, which was this morning, they said that they had no information to share at the moment. I was quite surprised at that, in that it conflicts with how imminent the update might be. Take a look at the numerous leaks that were released over the past few months for this phone. I also read on another forum this morning about this matter that the leaks stopped about a month ago, and they said how that might mean the update should be finalized or somewhere pretty close to that.

Samsung has an open source website where you can search for the phone model (in this case, i997) and download a .zip file, presumably an "official" leak.

Given all this, I don't understand why there is no further information regarding the Gingerbread update. It's getting very frustrating having to deal with my phone freezing and having poor battery life, two things that Gingerbread is supposed to fix. Froyo is not doing a good job managing things like these. Why was this phone shipped with Froyo in the first place?
Message 30 of 41 (1,642 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.