Infuse gingerbread

Highlighted
Teacher

Infuse gingerbread

Does anyone have any idea bout gingerbread for us? What is taking so long? Canada had it from get go. So why can't US? Gimmie break here!
Message 1 of 41 (4,401 Views)
Tutor

Re: Infuse gingerbread

Nobody know whats taking so long with the infuse update. At&t stated that all of their phones including the infuse will get gingerbread by the end of the year. Only two weeks to go!
Message 2 of 41 (4,186 Views)
Teacher

We will see if they can keep their promise I pay 100 bucks a month for.
Message 3 of 41 (4,166 Views)

They likely won't...  They wasted too much time trying to give you spyware (Carrier IQ), only to incur the wrath of a US Senator (Al Franken).

They pulled CIQ from the UCKL2 leak REALLY fast.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 41 (4,062 Views)
Teacher

Guess I should have done more phone homework before buying infuse. Do like phone though. Hoping update works out some quirks we all get
Message 5 of 41 (4,001 Views)
Contributor

what does the term "gingerbread" mean? Im new to smartphone since i got my infuse a few days ago

Message 6 of 41 (3,955 Views)

RJ1993 wrote:

what does the term "gingerbread" mean? Im new to smartphone since i got my infuse a few days ago

Google codenames Android major releases with names of desserts in increasing alphabetical order.

1.6 - Donut

2.1 - Eclair

2.2 - Froyo

2.3 - Gingerbread

3.x - Honeycomb

4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich

Message 7 of 41 (3,932 Views)
Employee

AT&T said all 2011 Androids will get it.just don't know when
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 41 (3,900 Views)
Tutor

They have a week before I start complaining to customer service daily. This is ridiculous. One of the reasons why I purchased the Infuse was the promise of Gingerbread by years end.

Message 9 of 41 (3,364 Views)
Teacher

@shiby4505

I am with you on this.

Message 10 of 41 (3,291 Views)
Contributor

I talked with an service tech today she said she was sending me an Gingerbread update for my Samsung Infuse just got it for Christmas. She said ok thats no problem as of yet I have not gotten it. 

Anyone  with this problem?

Thanks Im a new guy here.

TonySmiley Happy

Message 11 of 41 (4,389 Views)
Contributor

Know anything about Gingerbread update yet?

Message 12 of 41 (4,390 Views)
Tutor

tray- I hope you get the update as promised. I am a little skeptical about the rep., they have a track record of promising things they can't deliver. Please keep us informed and make sure you get her full name and extension (Please do not post her info on the forum) and we can PM you for it. Good Luck

Message 13 of 41 (4,380 Views)
Tutor

Just wanted to update everyone, I called tech support and the rep stated that I can go to Samsungs web site and find the GB App. Of course when I asked her to confirm this info, she was unable to locate it. Then she very confidently told me to just Google " GB update for the Infuse 4G" and I would find it!!!! WOW. Anyhow, I asked, very politely, for a supervisor and she placed me on hold.......for over 25 minutes......and then......I was disconnected. Great customer service. T-Mobile here I come.

Message 14 of 41 (4,339 Views)
Teacher

The racket continues
Message 15 of 41 (4,287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.