Infuse and Outlook contacts

Contributor

Infuse and Outlook contacts

Hello all,

I have been a WM user for years and after several broken Tilt2 phones I have moved to an Infuse.  My big challenge is getting my outlook contacts sync'd with my Infuse.  Kies doesn't have support for Infuse, yet, I tried it.

I have been trying to make outlook connect work to link to a hotmail account but the results are not encouraging.

I love the phone but this is a deal breaker for me if I can't make this work.  Any suggestions?

-Chris

Message 1 of 4 (2,249 Views)
Master

Re: Infuse and Outlook contacts

How about exporting the contacts out and importing into the Google account that you need on the phone to make Market and other applications work?

I also believe that there is a sync companion for Outlook to sync to the Google account. Try a search on Google. I don't use it so I don't have quick access to the link.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4 (2,235 Views)

There were a number of ways to do this.

1)  Set up your old Tilt2 to sync to your Google account using Google Sync.  Clean up contacts afterwards.  (WM-synced contacts tend not to cooperate well with gmail contact management for some reason...)

2)  There was an app (I forget exactly what) for WM that exported contacts to a CSV file that could be imported into GMail.  I forget its name, as it's been months since I used it to migrate away from a Tilt2.  You should be able to find some info about WM contacts migration by Googling.

In general, if you can load it into your GMail contacts list, it'll automagically get synced to your phone.

Message 3 of 4 (2,192 Views)
Scholar

The suggestions to load to G-mail will work for a one-time upload and sync.  But if you regularly add entries to your Outlook contacts, this manual synch'ing with G-mail could be quite cumbersome.  For the HTC droid phones, there is an HTC Sync utility that will let you automatically synch directly with Outlook.  If HTC can do it with their AT&T models, it does not make any sense why Samsung would not support its AT&T models on Kies.

Entropy512 wrote:

There were a number of ways to do this.

1)  Set up your old Tilt2 to sync to your Google account using Google Sync.  Clean up contacts afterwards.  (WM-synced contacts tend not to cooperate well with gmail contact management for some reason...)

2)  There was an app (I forget exactly what) for WM that exported contacts to a CSV file that could be imported into GMail.  I forget its name, as it's been months since I used it to migrate away from a Tilt2.  You should be able to find some info about WM contacts migration by Googling.

In general, if you can load it into your GMail contacts list, it'll automagically get synced to your phone.

Message 4 of 4 (1,915 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.