Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2011
7:09:23 AM
Infuse Update From AT&T

My Infuse got an update last night but I have no information on what was updated...I really hope it is the problem with the browser and gallery locking up.

Anyone else get it? And if so, what was updated?

Thanks!
Brian

My Infuse got an update last night but I have no information on what was updated...I really hope it is the problem with the browser and gallery locking up.

Anyone else get it? And if so, what was updated?

Thanks!
Brian

Infuse Update From AT&T

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 11:37:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
I just got this update too. I also have no idea what it updated
I just got this update too. I also have no idea what it updated

Re: Infuse Update From AT&T

2 of 21 (2,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 12:29:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Here's the info I just got from at&t about this update:

2. Starting at 10:00 a.m. ET on June 3, 2011, Samsung Infuse 4G customers will receive a notification on their devices that a software update is available and can be downloaded over-the-air. This software update includes the following:
Resolves intermittent e-mail sync issues with Exchange 2003 servers

Update to the AT&T Address Book terms and conditions

Security improvements

Network selection fix

Critical Must Know/Must Do

Procedures for Accepting the MR Update and Verifying the Software Version on the Device Upon receipt of the Software Update notification (below), the user should select OK and follow the simple
Here's the info I just got from at&t about this update:

2. Starting at 10:00 a.m. ET on June 3, 2011, Samsung Infuse 4G customers will receive a notification on their devices that a software update is available and can be downloaded over-the-air. This software update includes the following:
Resolves intermittent e-mail sync issues with Exchange 2003 servers

Update to the AT&T Address Book terms and conditions

Security improvements

Network selection fix

Critical Must Know/Must Do

Procedures for Accepting the MR Update and Verifying the Software Version on the Device Upon receipt of the Software Update notification (below), the user should select OK and follow the simple

3 of 21 (2,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2011 1:50:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

I was hoping this would also fix the browser issues that would basically lock my phone up tight for 5 minutes unless I pulled the battery out...

I was hoping this would also fix the browser issues that would basically lock my phone up tight for 5 minutes unless I pulled the battery out...

4 of 21 (2,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 2:05:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well, for me, the update seems to have screwed up my text messaging.  Many times, I can't respond to a text because the system is adding a comma before the contact's phone number.  eg:  John Smith <,+15035551212>.  Whenever I try to respond to a number like that, It immediately says "failed".

~Glen

Well, for me, the update seems to have screwed up my text messaging.  Many times, I can't respond to a text because the system is adding a comma before the contact's phone number.  eg:  John Smith <,+15035551212>.  Whenever I try to respond to a number like that, It immediately says "failed".

~Glen

5 of 21 (2,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 9:36:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Installing Handcent SMS fixed it for now and added a lot of other features. Now how do I make it the default messaging app?
Installing Handcent SMS fixed it for now and added a lot of other features. Now how do I make it the default messaging app?

6 of 21 (2,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 12:58:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

are there any infuses not getting an att update? my phone wont even connect to an att server. it just scans and says im up to date(which im not)

are there any infuses not getting an att update? my phone wont even connect to an att server. it just scans and says im up to date(which im not)

7 of 21 (2,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2011 6:57:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

MIne updated and now none of my media that I have paid for in the Samsung store and also that I put on my phone will play.  None of my custom rintones work either.  I have tried deleting them and readding them, but that didn't work.

MIne updated and now none of my media that I have paid for in the Samsung store and also that I put on my phone will play.  None of my custom rintones work either.  I have tried deleting them and readding them, but that didn't work.

8 of 21 (2,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 7:21:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just got the software updatenotice minutes ago. Don't know this is the same update or a new round?

Just got the software updatenotice minutes ago. Don't know this is the same update or a new round?

9 of 21 (2,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 4:08:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I also am not recieving the update for my Infuse. Kinda worried thinking that since I'm not getting this minor update maybe I won't recieve Gingerbread when it comes out..

I also am not recieving the update for my Infuse. Kinda worried thinking that since I'm not getting this minor update maybe I won't recieve Gingerbread when it comes out..

10 of 21 (1,849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 9:45:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

There were a couple of updates since the Infuse came out.

Minor updates, one back in June and one a few weeks ago.

Your Build should be UCKH1 now.

One of these days we'll get GB. I stopped holding my breath, I wanted to live..... 

There were a couple of updates since the Infuse came out.

Minor updates, one back in June and one a few weeks ago.

Your Build should be UCKH1 now.

One of these days we'll get GB. I stopped holding my breath, I wanted to live..... 

Sent from my Android powered Samsung Galaxy Note 4G LTE

11 of 21 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 10:18:54 AM
(0)
Mentor
I just got the update, and the biggest thing that I've noticed is that Google Books has been downloaded. Smhhhh, more things that I will never use..
I just got the update, and the biggest thing that I've noticed is that Google Books has been downloaded. Smhhhh, more things that I will never use..

12 of 21 (1,165 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 12:13:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

I already had the Google Books already on my phone since I have a Xoom and had books on their. So I downloaded the app and now I have the books on both devices.

And whats nice if Im reading on my Xoom and stop at say page 54, if I put it back up on my Infuse, it starts off at Page 54. So their synced.

Wifi reception is noticable better and browsing on the internet is quicker, IMO.

I already had the Google Books already on my phone since I have a Xoom and had books on their. So I downloaded the app and now I have the books on both devices.

And whats nice if Im reading on my Xoom and stop at say page 54, if I put it back up on my Infuse, it starts off at Page 54. So their synced.

Wifi reception is noticable better and browsing on the internet is quicker, IMO.

13 of 21 (1,143 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 7:51:21 AM
(0)
Guru

The most recent update is UCKH1, which has:

1)  Updated modem (radio) firmware

2)  New bootloaders, which give you all sorts of warnings about custom ROMs but don't prevent you from flashing custom firmwares

The following are NOT part of UCKH1:

1)  It's not Gingerbread

2)  The bootloaders are not Gingerbread-compatible.

There's a UCKI3 leak out there now which consists of AT&T Gingerbread - but it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

The most recent update is UCKH1, which has:

1)  Updated modem (radio) firmware

2)  New bootloaders, which give you all sorts of warnings about custom ROMs but don't prevent you from flashing custom firmwares

The following are NOT part of UCKH1:

1)  It's not Gingerbread

2)  The bootloaders are not Gingerbread-compatible.

There's a UCKI3 leak out there now which consists of AT&T Gingerbread - but it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

14 of 21 (1,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 1:50:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have UCKE3.  When I check for software updates it still tells me that my current software is up to date.  Which it is obviously not.  Sometimes the the phone will hang while checking for updates.  Any idea how I could at least get the UCKH1 update?  I am concerned that my phone will also have trouble getting the Gingerbread update.

I have UCKE3.  When I check for software updates it still tells me that my current software is up to date.  Which it is obviously not.  Sometimes the the phone will hang while checking for updates.  Any idea how I could at least get the UCKH1 update?  I am concerned that my phone will also have trouble getting the Gingerbread update.

15 of 21 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 1:26:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
More BLOATWARE from ATT which is probably why we're still waiting on Gingerbread. ATT is probably trying to cram as much garbage they can into the upgrade. One thing I hate about my Infuse is all the apps I can't remove. As customers WE own our phones. What gives ATT the right to decide which apps we MUST keep on our phones?
More BLOATWARE from ATT which is probably why we're still waiting on Gingerbread. ATT is probably trying to cram as much garbage they can into the upgrade. One thing I hate about my Infuse is all the apps I can't remove. As customers WE own our phones. What gives ATT the right to decide which apps we MUST keep on our phones?

16 of 21 (898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 7:24:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yeah, unless you root it and then remove that way your stuck with it. The ONLY ATT Bloatware I've used is MyATT so I can check my usage and pay bills.

Otherwise I don't touch em.

And now, my fear is, that we may never see GB on Infuse since the GSII is pretty much a direct replacement to the Infuse. The Infuse was just a temporary fix until USA got the GSII.

The only thing going for the Infuse is the 4.5" screen. Otherwise the GSII beats it in every other catagory.

So I'll wait for the GSII HD LTE versions just announced in Korea that'll probably make to us sometime next year. That one will have a 4.5" screen and if anything will effectively elminated the Infuse.

Shame as the INfuse was indeed a very good phone.  

Yeah, unless you root it and then remove that way your stuck with it. The ONLY ATT Bloatware I've used is MyATT so I can check my usage and pay bills.

Otherwise I don't touch em.

And now, my fear is, that we may never see GB on Infuse since the GSII is pretty much a direct replacement to the Infuse. The Infuse was just a temporary fix until USA got the GSII.

The only thing going for the Infuse is the 4.5" screen. Otherwise the GSII beats it in every other catagory.

So I'll wait for the GSII HD LTE versions just announced in Korea that'll probably make to us sometime next year. That one will have a 4.5" screen and if anything will effectively elminated the Infuse.

Shame as the INfuse was indeed a very good phone.  

17 of 21 (827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 9:46:22 AM
(0)
Contributor
Rampant speculation at it's finest, no reason to believe the Infuse won't get Gingerbread since there is already a leaked AT&T ROM out there. The Galaxy S II is the replacement for the Captivate, the AT&T rebranded Samsung Galaxy S, has little to nothing to do with the Infuse, which was targeted at the HTC EVo.
Rampant speculation at it's finest, no reason to believe the Infuse won't get Gingerbread since there is already a leaked AT&T ROM out there. The Galaxy S II is the replacement for the Captivate, the AT&T rebranded Samsung Galaxy S, has little to nothing to do with the Infuse, which was targeted at the HTC EVo.

18 of 21 (814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 10:10:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

bobcb wrote:

Well, okay, let's just say the Infuse is Eli Manning, and GSII is Peyton Manning at this point.

And I still believe, and I can't be the only one, that Infuse, although I love my Infuse, was only stop gap till the new GSII was released. And maybe some of that comes from the fact that I did have a Cappy and at the time I was shopping for the new phone the Sales Rep dubbed the Infuse the "Upgraded Captivate." (whether true or not, and I really didn't know about the GSII already in Europe, etc.)

But now, here comes Tom Brady:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-ga​laxy-s-ii-lte-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte-and-omnia-w-smar...

My Infuse will hold me off until that guy comes out. Especially since it's same screen size, won't feel like I'm going down in screen size with the GS2.

And I hope that GB comes out, just like playing Devils Advocate sometimes....

bobcb wrote:

Well, okay, let's just say the Infuse is Eli Manning, and GSII is Peyton Manning at this point.

And I still believe, and I can't be the only one, that Infuse, although I love my Infuse, was only stop gap till the new GSII was released. And maybe some of that comes from the fact that I did have a Cappy and at the time I was shopping for the new phone the Sales Rep dubbed the Infuse the "Upgraded Captivate." (whether true or not, and I really didn't know about the GSII already in Europe, etc.)

But now, here comes Tom Brady:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-ga​laxy-s-ii-lte-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte-and-omnia-w-smar...

My Infuse will hold me off until that guy comes out. Especially since it's same screen size, won't feel like I'm going down in screen size with the GS2.

And I hope that GB comes out, just like playing Devils Advocate sometimes....

19 of 21 (808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 10:18:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

Oh, and I'll conceed that the Infuse 4G matches up well with the EVO 4G.

Oh, and I'll conceed that the Infuse 4G matches up well with the EVO 4G.

20 of 21 (806 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 10:46:04 AM
(0)
Contributor
Nothing proves that a new phone coming out somehow negates an older phone getting a software update, specifically when AT&T stated that all their 2011 Android handsets would get Gingerbread. I'm not saying the new handsets aren't nicer, just that their existence doesn't kill updates for the Infuse.
Nothing proves that a new phone coming out somehow negates an older phone getting a software update, specifically when AT&T stated that all their 2011 Android handsets would get Gingerbread. I'm not saying the new handsets aren't nicer, just that their existence doesn't kill updates for the Infuse.

21 of 21 (925 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments