Infuse Update From AT&T

Mentor

Infuse Update From AT&T

My Infuse got an update last night but I have no information on what was updated...I really hope it is the problem with the browser and gallery locking up.

Anyone else get it? And if so, what was updated?

Thanks!
Brian

Message 1 of 21 (2,999 Views)
Teacher

Re: Infuse Update From AT&T

More BLOATWARE from ATT which is probably why we're still waiting on Gingerbread. ATT is probably trying to cram as much garbage they can into the upgrade. One thing I hate about my Infuse is all the apps I can't remove. As customers WE own our phones. What gives ATT the right to decide which apps we MUST keep on our phones?
Message 16 of 21 (922 Views)
Scholar

Yeah, unless you root it and then remove that way your stuck with it. The ONLY ATT Bloatware I've used is MyATT so I can check my usage and pay bills.

Otherwise I don't touch em.

And now, my fear is, that we may never see GB on Infuse since the GSII is pretty much a direct replacement to the Infuse. The Infuse was just a temporary fix until USA got the GSII.

The only thing going for the Infuse is the 4.5" screen. Otherwise the GSII beats it in every other catagory.

So I'll wait for the GSII HD LTE versions just announced in Korea that'll probably make to us sometime next year. That one will have a 4.5" screen and if anything will effectively elminated the Infuse.

Shame as the INfuse was indeed a very good phone.  

Message 17 of 21 (851 Views)
Contributor

Rampant speculation at it's finest, no reason to believe the Infuse won't get Gingerbread since there is already a leaked AT&T ROM out there. The Galaxy S II is the replacement for the Captivate, the AT&T rebranded Samsung Galaxy S, has little to nothing to do with the Infuse, which was targeted at the HTC EVo.
Message 18 of 21 (838 Views)
Scholar

bobcb wrote:
Rampant speculation at it's finest, no reason to believe the Infuse won't get Gingerbread since there is already a leaked AT&T ROM out there. The Galaxy S II is the replacement for the Captivate, the AT&T rebranded Samsung Galaxy S, has little to nothing to do with the Infuse, which was targeted at the HTC EVo.

Well, okay, let's just say the Infuse is Eli Manning, and GSII is Peyton Manning at this point.

And I still believe, and I can't be the only one, that Infuse, although I love my Infuse, was only stop gap till the new GSII was released. And maybe some of that comes from the fact that I did have a Cappy and at the time I was shopping for the new phone the Sales Rep dubbed the Infuse the "Upgraded Captivate." (whether true or not, and I really didn't know about the GSII already in Europe, etc.)

But now, here comes Tom Brady:

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-ga​laxy-s-ii-lte-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte-and-omnia-w-smar...

My Infuse will hold me off until that guy comes out. Especially since it's same screen size, won't feel like I'm going down in screen size with the GS2.

And I hope that GB comes out, just like playing Devils Advocate sometimes....

Message 19 of 21 (832 Views)
Scholar

Oh, and I'll conceed that the Infuse 4G matches up well with the EVO 4G.

Message 20 of 21 (830 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Nothing proves that a new phone coming out somehow negates an older phone getting a software update, specifically when AT&T stated that all their 2011 Android handsets would get Gingerbread. I'm not saying the new handsets aren't nicer, just that their existence doesn't kill updates for the Infuse.
Message 21 of 21 (949 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.