Infuse Update From AT&T

Mentor

Infuse Update From AT&T

My Infuse got an update last night but I have no information on what was updated...I really hope it is the problem with the browser and gallery locking up.

Anyone else get it? And if so, what was updated?

Thanks!
Brian

Message 1 of 21 (3,000 Views)
Scholar

Re: Infuse Update From AT&T

I just got this update too. I also have no idea what it updated
Message 2 of 21 (2,929 Views)
Scholar

Here's the info I just got from at&t about this update:

2. Starting at 10:00 a.m. ET on June 3, 2011, Samsung Infuse 4G customers will receive a notification on their devices that a software update is available and can be downloaded over-the-air. This software update includes the following:
Resolves intermittent e-mail sync issues with Exchange 2003 servers

Update to the AT&T Address Book terms and conditions

Security improvements

Network selection fix

Critical Must Know/Must Do

Procedures for Accepting the MR Update and Verifying the Software Version on the Device Upon receipt of the Software Update notification (below), the user should select OK and follow the simple
Message 3 of 21 (2,908 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I was hoping this would also fix the browser issues that would basically lock my phone up tight for 5 minutes unless I pulled the battery out...

Message 4 of 21 (2,886 Views)
Contributor

Well, for me, the update seems to have screwed up my text messaging.  Many times, I can't respond to a text because the system is adding a comma before the contact's phone number.  eg:  John Smith <,+15035551212>.  Whenever I try to respond to a number like that, It immediately says "failed".

~Glen

Message 5 of 21 (2,812 Views)
Contributor

Installing Handcent SMS fixed it for now and added a lot of other features. Now how do I make it the default messaging app?
Message 6 of 21 (2,792 Views)
Tutor

are there any infuses not getting an att update? my phone wont even connect to an att server. it just scans and says im up to date(which im not)

Message 7 of 21 (2,612 Views)
Contributor

MIne updated and now none of my media that I have paid for in the Samsung store and also that I put on my phone will play.  None of my custom rintones work either.  I have tried deleting them and readding them, but that didn't work.

Message 8 of 21 (2,602 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Just got the software updatenotice minutes ago. Don't know this is the same update or a new round?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 21 (2,459 Views)
Contributor

I also am not recieving the update for my Infuse. Kinda worried thinking that since I'm not getting this minor update maybe I won't recieve Gingerbread when it comes out..

Message 10 of 21 (1,873 Views)
Scholar

There were a couple of updates since the Infuse came out.

Minor updates, one back in June and one a few weeks ago.

Your Build should be UCKH1 now.

One of these days we'll get GB. I stopped holding my breath, I wanted to live..... 

Message 11 of 21 (1,195 Views)
Mentor

I just got the update, and the biggest thing that I've noticed is that Google Books has been downloaded. Smhhhh, more things that I will never use..
Message 12 of 21 (1,189 Views)
Scholar

I already had the Google Books already on my phone since I have a Xoom and had books on their. So I downloaded the app and now I have the books on both devices.

And whats nice if Im reading on my Xoom and stop at say page 54, if I put it back up on my Infuse, it starts off at Page 54. So their synced.

Wifi reception is noticable better and browsing on the internet is quicker, IMO.

Message 13 of 21 (1,167 Views)

The most recent update is UCKH1, which has:

1)  Updated modem (radio) firmware

2)  New bootloaders, which give you all sorts of warnings about custom ROMs but don't prevent you from flashing custom firmwares

The following are NOT part of UCKH1:

1)  It's not Gingerbread

2)  The bootloaders are not Gingerbread-compatible.

There's a UCKI3 leak out there now which consists of AT&T Gingerbread - but it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

Message 14 of 21 (1,101 Views)
Contributor

I have UCKE3.  When I check for software updates it still tells me that my current software is up to date.  Which it is obviously not.  Sometimes the the phone will hang while checking for updates.  Any idea how I could at least get the UCKH1 update?  I am concerned that my phone will also have trouble getting the Gingerbread update.

Message 15 of 21 (979 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.