Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 21, 2011
10:51:16 AM
Infuse Browser Issues

I like and prefer the Android stock browser...it ran pretty well on our Captivate phones...however, both mine and
my wife's new Infuse phones have issues...most of the time, the browser will lock up and you can't even get out of it...not even the home button will work...after a minute, it will vibrate once and then twice and the present a black screen. After that, a blank screen for 2 minutes and then it acts as if it had rebooted yet we never got the Samsung or AT&T splash screens like a normal reboot will do. This issue seems to be tied to the browser.

Anyone else have this issue? Not that the other features of the phone aren't great, but this is a big bug for us...a total of 5 minutes or so that the phone is unusable is not acceptable...plus the scare it may happen at any time during browsing.

Choosing another browser is a "band aid"...we want to try to fix this.

Thanks...
Brian

I like and prefer the Android stock browser...it ran pretty well on our Captivate phones...however, both mine and
my wife's new Infuse phones have issues...most of the time, the browser will lock up and you can't even get out of it...not even the home button will work...after a minute, it will vibrate once and then twice and the present a black screen. After that, a blank screen for 2 minutes and then it acts as if it had rebooted yet we never got the Samsung or AT&T splash screens like a normal reboot will do. This issue seems to be tied to the browser.

Anyone else have this issue? Not that the other features of the phone aren't great, but this is a big bug for us...a total of 5 minutes or so that the phone is unusable is not acceptable...plus the scare it may happen at any time during browsing.

Choosing another browser is a "band aid"...we want to try to fix this.

Thanks...
Brian

Infuse Browser Issues

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 11:29:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

My Infuse continually shuts off and restarts without any reason. I plugged it in last night and this morning it was turned off.

Anything similar like that and any solutions?

My Infuse continually shuts off and restarts without any reason. I plugged it in last night and this morning it was turned off.

Anything similar like that and any solutions?

Re: Infuse Browser Issues

2 of 9 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2011 11:59:50 PM
(0)
Mentor

Try disabling plug-ins in the browser setting. I had some browser hiccups on mine, and it seems fine after I disabled plug-ins.

Try disabling plug-ins in the browser setting. I had some browser hiccups on mine, and it seems fine after I disabled plug-ins.

3 of 9 (696 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2011 7:18:36 AM
(0)
Mentor

Well, as mentioned, these suggestions are all band-aids but not solutions...I can disable plug-ins but plug-ins worked great on the Captivate. I am trying to challenge AT&T / Samsung to get this fixed....

Well, as mentioned, these suggestions are all band-aids but not solutions...I can disable plug-ins but plug-ins worked great on the Captivate. I am trying to challenge AT&T / Samsung to get this fixed....

4 of 9 (662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2011 11:34:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

garak0410 wrote:

Yeah, good luck with that. The fact that it doens't even have Gingerbread (which has been out since the end of last year, and the fact that Samsung made the Nexus S) should tell you something about AT&T+Samsung on updates.

garak0410 wrote:

Yeah, good luck with that. The fact that it doens't even have Gingerbread (which has been out since the end of last year, and the fact that Samsung made the Nexus S) should tell you something about AT&T+Samsung on updates.

5 of 9 (632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 8:43:18 AM
(0)
Master
Or Samsung in general in regards to updates to their line of android phones.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Or Samsung in general in regards to updates to their line of android phones.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

6 of 9 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 7:34:49 PM
(0)
Mentor
This issue may force me to return the phone before my 30 days is up...now the Gallery can cause the same kind of "5 minute reboot process"....
This issue may force me to return the phone before my 30 days is up...now the Gallery can cause the same kind of "5 minute reboot process"....

7 of 9 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 7:27:36 AM
(0)
Mentor

I exchanged my phone and same issue...now and then, the browser will lockup for 2 minutes then the phone will "soft reboot." Yes, I have installed Dolphin Browser and it doesn't seem to lock up the phone. But the stock browser didn't lock up my Captivate and this means this is a bad load of Android 2.2.1 on this phone...not good.

I exchanged my phone and same issue...now and then, the browser will lockup for 2 minutes then the phone will "soft reboot." Yes, I have installed Dolphin Browser and it doesn't seem to lock up the phone. But the stock browser didn't lock up my Captivate and this means this is a bad load of Android 2.2.1 on this phone...not good.

8 of 9 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2011 8:45:58 AM
(0)
Master

With Samsung and AT&T's track record of releasing updates, you are looking at 6 to 8 months before any update shows up.

With Samsung and AT&T's track record of releasing updates, you are looking at 6 to 8 months before any update shows up.

9 of 9 (464 Views)