Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
11:31:12 AM
View profile
Info lost when transfer to this phone

AT&T used their cellbrite thingamajig to transfer contacts and whatever else they could from my Palm Centro to Inspire. The contacts made it over, but everything else is lost - text messages which I've been saving for almost a year - they're no longer on my Centro either.

Any cles how to get that workin?

AT&T used their cellbrite thingamajig to transfer contacts and whatever else they could from my Palm Centro to Inspire. The contacts made it over, but everything else is lost - text messages which I've been saving for almost a year - they're no longer on my Centro either.

Any cles how to get that workin?

Info lost when transfer to this phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:46:25 PM
(0)
Guru

Have  you tried using a 3rd party application & saving the messages on your Centro to an SD card? You might then transfer the data to the Inspire. Or you might try synching the Centro to a desktop PC, then transferring to the Inspire.

If you don't have the Centro manual, you can quickly download the 326 page document to your desktop for quick reference. There are a couple of chapters that should address what you want to do.

Have  you tried using a 3rd party application & saving the messages on your Centro to an SD card? You might then transfer the data to the Inspire. Or you might try synching the Centro to a desktop PC, then transferring to the Inspire.

If you don't have the Centro manual, you can quickly download the 326 page document to your desktop for quick reference. There are a couple of chapters that should address what you want to do.

Re: Info lost when transfer to this phone

2 of 4 (196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 8:04:46 PM
(0)
Scholar

Hey thanks,

I'd like to be able to sync to Centro to my computer, but it's only worked (actually synced to the computer) once in 3 or 4 years. The rest of the time it just hangs there. Know any tricks to it?

Hey thanks,

I'd like to be able to sync to Centro to my computer, but it's only worked (actually synced to the computer) once in 3 or 4 years. The rest of the time it just hangs there. Know any tricks to it?

3 of 4 (188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 8:49:46 PM
(0)
Guru

You might start reading at about page 25, in Chapter 2, of the previously mentioned manual.

You might start reading at about page 25, in Chapter 2, of the previously mentioned manual.

4 of 4 (183 Views)