Inconsistent connection to Microcell. iPhone does not always show "M-Cell" on top of screen.

Contributor

Inconsistent connection to Microcell. iPhone does not always show "M-Cell" on top of screen.

I can't seem to find any information on this.  I think my phone is still connected to M-Cell but I'm not sure. The M-Cell confirmation at the top of my iPhone comes and goes. It has nothing to do with location in my apartment. The phone can be on my desk showing the connection -- and then a minute later it shows just the wifi connection -- and then the M-Cell connection will reappear. Is this normal? Am I still connected?

Message 1 of 2 (1,116 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Inconsistent connection to Microcell. iPhone does not always show "M-Cell" on top of s

No it is not "normal" (what ever that is for the MicroCell). It sounds like the iPhone is continually searching for a connection and when it finds the stronger signal, it attempts a connection. You probably have a cell tower that's just close enough for the iPhone to see but not reliably lock on to. Can you turn off the searching for signal feature? I don't have an iPhone but my kids do and they don't have any problems at all with our MicroCell.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,106 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.