Incoming international call price

Contributor

Incoming international call price

I am trying to find out how much it would cost for me (in the US) to receive an international call from Germany and how much per minute it is.  I can't seem to find a specific answer on the website.  Thank you!!!
Message 1 of 14 (45,378 Views)
Master

Re: Incoming international call price

All incoming calls are treated the same.  It does not matter to at&t where the call comes from.  Calls from Germany will be treated the same as a call from next door.
Message 2 of 14 (45,377 Views)
Highlighted
Master

mem2mem2 wrote:
I am trying to find out how much it would cost for me (in the US) to receive an international call from Germany and how much per minute it is.  I can't seem to find a specific answer on the website.  Thank you!!!

I received a call from Germany. Did not cost extra. Just came out of my anytime minutes since it was during peak hours. I'm pretty sure if they called at night it would only have counted as part of my NW minutes.
Message 3 of 14 (45,340 Views)
ACE - Expert

csp_gp wrote:

I received a call from Germany. Did not cost extra. Just came out of my anytime minutes since it was during peak hours. I'm pretty sure if they called at night it would only have counted as part of my NW minutes.

Yes it would.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14 (45,337 Views)
Contributor

does this go for all internation calls?! such as england or Israel. and also does it show up on your bill? (that someone from England called u)

what about text and picture messages?
Message 5 of 14 (44,496 Views)
ACE - Expert

lexus12 wrote:
does this go for all internation calls?! such as england or Israel. and also does it show up on your bill? (that someone from England called u)

Assuming Caller ID was received, the number will show on your bill for international incoming calls as well.

Don't know about incoming text & picture messages they don't show up on *my* bill at all Smiley Very Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 14 (44,485 Views)
Contributor

really though, you shouldn't have to pay to recieve calls!
Message 7 of 14 (44,418 Views)
Master

You don't actually *pay* for incoming calls. They do come out of your minutes bucket. If the calls come in during peak time, they are counted out of your Anytime minutes. If the calls come in during between 9pm and 6am, then the call comes out of your NW minutes.

If the call is from another AT&T customer, then it counts as a M2M call, which on most plans, is free.
Message 8 of 14 (44,363 Views)
ACE - Expert

csp_gp wrote:
You don't actually *pay* for incoming calls. They do come out of your minutes bucket. If the calls come in during peak time, they are counted out of your Anytime minutes. If the calls come in during between 9pm and 6am, then the call comes out of your NW minutes.

If the call is from another AT&T customer, then it counts as a M2M call, which on most plans, is free.

Well, you do *pay* for your anytime minutes Smiley Wink The Europeans are used to all incoming calls being completely free for them, regardless of the time of day and origin of the caller.
Message 9 of 14 (44,354 Views)
Master

dmapr wrote:

Well, you do *pay* for your anytime minutes Smiley Wink The Europeans are used to all incoming calls being completely free for them, regardless of the time of day and origin of the caller.

Exactly.  But calling those European phone numbers is VERY expensive.  In many of those countries it's cheaper to make an overseas call to the US than it is to call your friend next door on a loacl cell phone.
Message 10 of 14 (44,350 Views)
ACE - Expert

DWC1 wrote:

Exactly.  But calling those European phone numbers is VERY expensive.  In many of those countries it's cheaper to make an overseas call to the US than it is to call your friend next door on a loacl cell phone.

Yep. It gets better when calling M2M within the same provider, but landline to mobile and across the networks can be quite an eye-opener... and not in a good way Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 14 (31,016 Views)
Professor

dmapr wrote:

lexus12 wrote:

Assuming Caller ID was received, the number will show on your bill for international incoming calls as well.

Don't know about incoming text & picture messages they don't show up on *my* bill at all Smiley Very Happy

receiving international text/mms will show as an international message received and come out of your message plan or charge $0.20 or $0.30 per message on the pay per use features.
Message 12 of 14 (30,937 Views)
Contributor

T-mobile (my carrier until september) charges for incoming international calls - I'm not sure if they take it out of my minutes as well.  I was pretty shocked when I found this out - after all, caller id often doesn't work on those calls so you don't know if it's going to cost you when you pick it up.

My solution was to have them call my home (vonage) phone, which then rings my cell and it ends up being free on the vonage bill (because it's unlimited) and a normal incoming call on the cell (same as if the call was initiated from the vonage phone)

It sounds like these arrangements aren't necessary on AT & T so I could get rid of my vonage phone forwarding mularkey.
Message 13 of 14 (30,868 Views)
Master

rkhwaja wrote:
T-mobile (my carrier until september) charges for incoming international calls - I'm not sure if they take it out of my minutes as well.  I was pretty shocked when I found this out - after all, caller id often doesn't work on those calls so you don't know if it's going to cost you when you pick it up.

My solution was to have them call my home (vonage) phone, which then rings my cell and it ends up being free on the vonage bill (because it's unlimited) and a normal incoming call on the cell (same as if the call was initiated from the vonage phone)

It sounds like these arrangements aren't necessary on AT & T so I could get rid of my vonage phone forwarding mularkey.

Are you sure?  In my experience T-Mobile is just like at&t.  An incoming call is treated the same no matter where it comes from.
Message 14 of 14 (30,864 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.