(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 11:52:11 AM
(0)
Professor

drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

It was discharging around 500mA now it around 100mA

I am dying to hear what was on the update, but it seems to fix a number of issues to include the data issue. It is a phenominal updat. ATT and Nokia came through.

drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

It was discharging around 500mA now it around 100mA

I am dying to hear what was on the update, but it seems to fix a number of issues to include the data issue. It is a phenominal updat. ATT and Nokia came through.

Re: Improved battery life after the Update for the Lumia 900

2 of 9 (851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 7:10:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm a new customer to ATT for the Lumia.  I must say, it will be difficult to get me off Nokia now that they have shown such a huge improvement over what I had on TMobile and with the Dell Venue Por.  Stephen Elop is going to have to seriously screw up to have me not purchase a full-price phone this fall as well when Windows Phone 8 comes out.

I'm a new customer to ATT for the Lumia.  I must say, it will be difficult to get me off Nokia now that they have shown such a huge improvement over what I had on TMobile and with the Dell Venue Por.  Stephen Elop is going to have to seriously screw up to have me not purchase a full-price phone this fall as well when Windows Phone 8 comes out.

3 of 9 (823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 7:33:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

I was updated on Friday evening.   My data connectivitiy issues are gone.  Battery life - I agree - seems improved - (it wasn't shabby to begin with), and wifi discovery/connectivity better and faster.,

HOWEVER, I have had to power down 3 tims since Friday.  There has been some sort of instability in the live tiles.   For example I will touch Messages (text) and the tile will flicker but will not go to messaging.   The power off does reset everything.   This also happened with Outlook tile twice.  This never occured all last week - got the phone on Monday.  So far so good today.  We will see.

Also my MajikMail app (the client for YOUMAIL) has shown some glitches-- relatively minor - since yesterday.  Again, coincidence or new update???

The other note to folks - once you update numerous settings have to be redone.  My exchange account was OK - but not the folders to be synchronized.   My live tile layout and selections reverted pretty much (but not totally) back to factory state.  My experience with updates or custom ROMs - this is to be expected.  Just as long as you are aware.

I was updated on Friday evening.   My data connectivitiy issues are gone.  Battery life - I agree - seems improved - (it wasn't shabby to begin with), and wifi discovery/connectivity better and faster.,

HOWEVER, I have had to power down 3 tims since Friday.  There has been some sort of instability in the live tiles.   For example I will touch Messages (text) and the tile will flicker but will not go to messaging.   The power off does reset everything.   This also happened with Outlook tile twice.  This never occured all last week - got the phone on Monday.  So far so good today.  We will see.

Also my MajikMail app (the client for YOUMAIL) has shown some glitches-- relatively minor - since yesterday.  Again, coincidence or new update???

The other note to folks - once you update numerous settings have to be redone.  My exchange account was OK - but not the folders to be synchronized.   My live tile layout and selections reverted pretty much (but not totally) back to factory state.  My experience with updates or custom ROMs - this is to be expected.  Just as long as you are aware.

4 of 9 (820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 8:05:27 AM
(0)
Professor
I agree that the ROM reset does not restore everything to the way it was, but Zune gets things pretty close.

I had not noticed the battery difference yet. I have been using the Lumia pretty intensively since I picked mine up and the battery has not been lasting 24 hours. But again that is with new phone serious use and lots of playing podcasts over the speakerphone.

I uninstalled MajikMail because I was wondering if the app just was not fast enough for the new handset. While the OS is the same as my Focus running Mango, the phone really feels like it is in a different class.
I agree that the ROM reset does not restore everything to the way it was, but Zune gets things pretty close.

I had not noticed the battery difference yet. I have been using the Lumia pretty intensively since I picked mine up and the battery has not been lasting 24 hours. But again that is with new phone serious use and lots of playing podcasts over the speakerphone.

I uninstalled MajikMail because I was wondering if the app just was not fast enough for the new handset. While the OS is the same as my Focus running Mango, the phone really feels like it is in a different class.

5 of 9 (817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 8:09:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yes I will second that opinion that Zune does a great job getting things relatively close to the way they were.... much better than anything else I have done with any WP or Android that invovled a ROM reset!

Yes I will second that opinion that Zune does a great job getting things relatively close to the way they were.... much better than anything else I have done with any WP or Android that invovled a ROM reset!

6 of 9 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 10:13:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by smcb on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:16:07 AM

I got my lumia 900 wednesday, loaded on the update friday night, but it hasn't helped my battery.  It is still discharging at a rate of 10% per hour.  I do have wifi turned on, so I'm going to try it with wifi off for a day and see what happens.  any other suggestions?  discharge rate was around 345 mA when I tested a few minutes ago with wifi on.

Getting 10 hours or less of battery time is just not good.

FYI - just tested with wifi off, and it drains around 100mA.  So I guess the answer is leave wifi off unless I really need it.

I got my lumia 900 wednesday, loaded on the update friday night, but it hasn't helped my battery.  It is still discharging at a rate of 10% per hour.  I do have wifi turned on, so I'm going to try it with wifi off for a day and see what happens.  any other suggestions?  discharge rate was around 345 mA when I tested a few minutes ago with wifi on.

Getting 10 hours or less of battery time is just not good.

FYI - just tested with wifi off, and it drains around 100mA.  So I guess the answer is leave wifi off unless I really need it.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 11:43:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
How are you finding the drain rates for the battery?
How are you finding the drain rates for the battery?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 9 (797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 11:58:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just like the 800 the 900 will go through updates along the way. I'm satisfied w/ my purchase.

Just like the 800 the 900 will go through updates along the way. I'm satisfied w/ my purchase.

Phones Owned (1999-Now): Nokia 5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800XM, Lumia 800, Lumia 900, Lumia 920 (Currently owned)

9 of 9 (794 Views)