Impact battery covers don't stay on

Contributor

Impact battery covers don't stay on

I ordered 2 Pantech Impacts on the ATT page and the  battery covers don't stay on out of the box.

Worse, no one at ATT is able to help me with my new phones.

Message 1 of 11 (3,050 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Impact battery covers don't stay on

Recently I ordered the Impact as well and had the same problem. However, I ordered my phone through www.amazon.com/wireless but upgraded with AT&T with Amazon. I just called them and within a couple of days they sent me a new phone with package to mail back the other one.

I would suggest that you take your phone to the nearest AT&T Dealer and one of the guys there can try to fix it. If not they can call the AT&T office as your spokesperson and the same process that Amazon honored with also be honored by AT&T.

Not sure how long you have had the phone but the warranty should be good on it for a year. Call 800-801-1101.

Hope this works. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,949 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I was having the same problem.  Called Pantech, they were gonna send me a battery cover for free, but wont be in stock till like september/october.  I went on google found { Please keep it spam free }  and they seem to have them, or are getting them this week and i guess for 9 bucks you get 3 back covers, free shipping and 3 day delivery.....sounds alright we'll see how it goes and if it works ok

Message 3 of 11 (2,804 Views)
Contributor

i got the impact and had the same problem within the 30 days, took back to walmart where i bought it and they exchanged with no problem. if it happens again i will switch it out under the one year warranty

Message 4 of 11 (2,772 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

its a issue the impacts seem to have. if you are still under 30 days from when you bought it, return it, get a new one OR call pantech and tell them you need a new back cover b/c the one you have is falling off.

also, just a FYI, warranty will not exchange this for you. Its a cover issue and warranty doesnt have the back covers.

Message 5 of 11 (2,728 Views)
Tutor

I dont know why my post was edited?  it wasnt bad.    the site i was talking about was pantech battery covers dott com and they offer the back covers there.  and to the above poster that said you cant get it replaced in warranty you are wrong,  pantech will send you out a back cover for your phone for FREE,  but the problem is they're backordered right now for like a month or something.  I just called them on Friday.

Message 6 of 11 (2,709 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

If you read my post, I was referring to AT&T's warranty department, yes you can call Pantech and they will replace it for you, I did state that as well.

I work for AT&T's warranty dept.

Message 7 of 11 (2,706 Views)
Tutor

Thank all of you for posting this information.

I received my Impact in April and started having problems with the back in June.  Actually I thought it was due to the fact that I dropped the phone several times.   However,  because of this thread I now know others are having the same problem.

To add a little levity, I even tried crazy glue hoping that would keep the back on; NOT!  I spread the glue around the edges of the back careful not to get any on the battery.  The only thing I got for my troubles was stickey fingers.  I will call Pantech tonight.

Thank you all.  I bet there are many other Pantech Impact owners out there with backs that will not stay on and they do not know they can have those darn backs replaced.

A charge that will not hold and a back that will not stay on.  Both issues I have and solutions found in this forum.  Keep sharing information.

Message 8 of 11 (2,552 Views)
Contributor

I'll try to explain this clearly.  It was actually an easy fix once I saw the problem.  There are 3 skinny tabs along the edge of the cover.  Not the edge with the three tabs sticking out, but the edge that wraps around the side.  There are 3 skinny tabs that are supposed to slide into 3 notches on the phone.  These 3 tabs got smashed down so I just slid my fingernail under them to create a gap so they would slide into place.  I hope this is clear and helps.

Message 9 of 11 (1,261 Views)
Professor

I had the Pantech Impact before I got my current phone and I also had issues with the battery cover.  It did not fall off, but it did begin coming loose.  I think this is an issue that the Pantech Impact has.  

Message 10 of 11 (1,212 Views)
Scholar

Looks like this is a common problem.. AT&T should recall them or send us a years supply of back covers. Samsung would not back their warranty, and I guess Pantech isn't concerned either.

Message 11 of 11 (529 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.