If my order gets canceled will my upgrade eligibility get renewed?

Contributor

If my order gets canceled will my upgrade eligibility get renewed?

I ordered my iPhone 4S (with the upgrade discount) with my credit card, but just a few days ago I got a call from my carrier about suspicious Fraud use (not related to the iPhone order), so I canceled that credit card.

I'm guessing that because i canceled the card, and pre-orders don't charge your account until the phone is shipped(?), my iPhone order will be canceled.

So... i'll gain my upgrade eligibility back, right? So I can just order the iPhone again, same price, everything?

Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)
Explorer

Re: If my order gets canceled will my upgrade eligibility get renewed?

When you spoke to your credit card company, did you let them know that you still have an outstanding charge from AT&T that you still want authorized?  Because usually when you cancel a card due to fraud and open a new one, the credit card company will transfer any authorized charges and holds to the new card and dispute the unauthorized ones.  You might want to check back with them first just to be sure--if they did move the other holds/charges to the new card, your order might not be cancelled at all.

Message 2 of 3 (559 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: If my order gets canceled will my upgrade eligibility get renewed?

Any charge you authorized previously will be honored, unless you have reported it as fraud and filed a dispute.  Your order should still go through, as long as AT&T pre-authorized the transaction at the time of the order. 

Message 3 of 3 (549 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.