Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2010
9:29:27 AM
View profile
If I get a used phone

Can I still put insurance on it?

Andif something goes wrong in the way of an MFR defect while it is under warranty would I be able to redeem that warranty? or would I have to go through a third party?

Can I still put insurance on it?

Andif something goes wrong in the way of an MFR defect while it is under warranty would I be able to redeem that warranty? or would I have to go through a third party?

If I get a used phone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 9:42:56 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Sep 24, 2010 at 9:43:45 AM

If your talking about a "refurbished phone", remember, you have only a 90 day warranty period. If something goes wrong with it, call ATT Warranty at 1-800-801-1101.

Yes, you can add insurance within the intial 30 days.

Hope this answers your questions.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

If your talking about a "refurbished phone", remember, you have only a 90 day warranty period. If something goes wrong with it, call ATT Warranty at 1-800-801-1101.

Yes, you can add insurance within the intial 30 days.

Hope this answers your questions.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Re: If I get a used phone

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 9:48:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

I don't mean refurb I mean someone got a phone.. is out of 30 return period and selling the phone..

If something happened would I be secure through manufacturer?

Or could I add insurance to a phone which I bought from someone else?

I don't mean refurb I mean someone got a phone.. is out of 30 return period and selling the phone..

If something happened would I be secure through manufacturer?

Or could I add insurance to a phone which I bought from someone else?

3 of 5 (203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2010 10:05:19 AM
(0)
Expert

You would probably have to contact the maufacturer for repairs if something happened to it. No, you cannot add insurance thru ATT for phone you are getting elsewhere, as far as I know.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

You would probably have to contact the maufacturer for repairs if something happened to it. No, you cannot add insurance thru ATT for phone you are getting elsewhere, as far as I know.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

4 of 5 (196 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 4:35:16 AM
(0)
Guru

If you purchase somebody else's phone, it may still hold the warranty from the original purchase.  It depends on specifics of the situation, such as the type of account involved and the history of the phone.  If it malfunctions, it doesn't hurt to call warranty at 1-800-801-1101 to ask.  If you do, please let the agent know you purchased the phone directly from somebody else (or through an auction site, or whatever the case is).  If you know the phone number it used to have, that's good information, too.

As the previous poster said, I don't believe you can insure the device.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

If you purchase somebody else's phone, it may still hold the warranty from the original purchase.  It depends on specifics of the situation, such as the type of account involved and the history of the phone.  If it malfunctions, it doesn't hurt to call warranty at 1-800-801-1101 to ask.  If you do, please let the agent know you purchased the phone directly from somebody else (or through an auction site, or whatever the case is).  If you know the phone number it used to have, that's good information, too.

As the previous poster said, I don't believe you can insure the device.

5 of 5 (172 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments