Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2012
7:31:56 PM
View profile
If I am not satisfied with my device, can I exchange it?

Hi,

I just bought a HTC One X from AT&T store for $199 yesterday. I was pretty satisfied by its appearance, but when I got back to home, I found that the phone storage is only 10GB, instead of 16GB as claimed onn the AT&T website, (even smaller than the international version which is 32GB). I was a little disappointed with this.

I am wondering is it possible for me to return this phone and exchange for Samsung Galaxy SIII? I've heard that there would be a return fee, but I am not quite sure about. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just bought a HTC One X from AT&T store for $199 yesterday. I was pretty satisfied by its appearance, but when I got back to home, I found that the phone storage is only 10GB, instead of 16GB as claimed onn the AT&T website, (even smaller than the international version which is 32GB). I was a little disappointed with this.

I am wondering is it possible for me to return this phone and exchange for Samsung Galaxy SIII? I've heard that there would be a return fee, but I am not quite sure about. Thanks in advance.

If I am not satisfied with my device, can I exchange it?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 7:33:51 PM
(0)
Master

Yes you can do one exchange within your first 30 days.  How does ATT get your phone to 10GB?  Is it 16GB less usage of memory for the OS?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Yes you can do one exchange within your first 30 days.  How does ATT get your phone to 10GB?  Is it 16GB less usage of memory for the OS?

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: If I am not satisfied with my device, can I exchange it?

2 of 6 (1,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 7:45:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

No, I don't think so. I have attached the screen shot below.

The "Internal storage" in the figure is for the system usage. The "phone storage" is not.

Even add the internal storage to phone storage, it is still only 12GB. 

Thanks for your reply.

No, I don't think so. I have attached the screen shot below.

The "Internal storage" in the figure is for the system usage. The "phone storage" is not.

Even add the internal storage to phone storage, it is still only 12GB. 

3 of 6 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 7:51:44 PM
(0)
Master

It may very well be 16GB but the math works out funny.  I have a 32GB iphone but due to math it shows the capacity of 28.5GB.  Dividing that in half is around 14gb.  Use up some for internals and some other good stuff and It may not be far off.

Remember that they sell these as 1000mb = 1GB but other stuff is measured as 1024mb = 1GB.  In this conversion you will get this odd capacities.  Either way, If you do the switch, do it sooner than later and/or in the case of the phone you want get the pre-order in and talk with a store manager so that they know what you are doing in case the new phone arives after the 30 day window.

Good Luck and enjoy!

It may very well be 16GB but the math works out funny.  I have a 32GB iphone but due to math it shows the capacity of 28.5GB.  Dividing that in half is around 14gb.  Use up some for internals and some other good stuff and It may not be far off.

Remember that they sell these as 1000mb = 1GB but other stuff is measured as 1024mb = 1GB.  In this conversion you will get this odd capacities.  Either way, If you do the switch, do it sooner than later and/or in the case of the phone you want get the pre-order in and talk with a store manager so that they know what you are doing in case the new phone arives after the 30 day window.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (1,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2012 2:20:04 AM
(0)
Employee
The 16GB is split into system and storage space. Its split into 2 partitions. Add them both to get 13GB which is correct

The problem is everyone sells devices in gigabytes but they are actually measured in gibibytes
Been happening so long that its too late to correct the mistake. You'll notice this if you ever run a Linux OS on your PC, its measured in the correct GiB not GB
The 16GB is split into system and storage space. Its split into 2 partitions. Add them both to get 13GB which is correct

The problem is everyone sells devices in gigabytes but they are actually measured in gibibytes
Been happening so long that its too late to correct the mistake. You'll notice this if you ever run a Linux OS on your PC, its measured in the correct GiB not GB
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (1,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2012 9:14:15 PM
(0)
Mentor
Yes, a $35 restocking fee applies.
Yes, a $35 restocking fee applies.

6 of 6 (981 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments