If Apple goes to VERIZON will you jump from ATT?

Re: If Apple goes to VERIZON will you jump from ATT?

Zandora wrote:

cousintim wrote:
This thread is refreshing.  Reality and logic instead of emotion and imagination.

+1 !

+ 10 and a Smiley Very Happy
Message 61 of 123 (1,975 Views)
Contributor

As I read through the comments it seems the issue is a matter of each individuals specific area. I live in Northern L.A county and have an I phone. I love Apple and have been with ATT for over a decade. Unfortunately my service is nothing short of horrible. According to Att my house is "very" close to two towers and show full coverage. Try telling that to my aggrevated V.P when trying to talk to me. Dropped calls are something I've begun to expect. Along with crawling in the corner of my master bedrooms closet to get the best reception and actually hold the call. Apple is great to deal with in at least attempting to resolve issues. Att fell short and really could not offer any resolution and seem to have the "sorry you feel that way" attitude. Business is business, thats why we have choices in the marketplace. We are counting the months down until our contract expires. Att should try to listen to the customer and admit that the problem exist within the given area rather than provide excuses. I would have considered other options if the approach were more proffesionally appropriate.

Good Luck...john

Message 62 of 123 (1,927 Views)

Yah, if iPhone went to Verizon (with or without it being sold on AT&T anymore) I'm not sure if I would make the switch. In my area Verizon and AT&T are the two best service providers. And with the places I go AT&T does it better for me. And Verizon customer service has always been a lot less friendly then AT&T's has (I'm not saying their perfect) but eithier way I'm a lot happier with AT&T than I could ever be with Verizon (plus I like GSM better than CDMA).
Message 63 of 123 (1,917 Views)
Mentor

you obviously didn't travel much...cuz verizon is garbage...as much as I have traveled I've had att, tmobile, sprint, nextel, nextel/sprint after they merged, verizon, without question att has the best question, and verizon's 3g isn't faster... but oh well...I guess if you wanna pay for something you don't get :/
Message 64 of 123 (1,893 Views)
Scholar

MMSsux wrote:

I am

so wishing that Apple gives VERIZON an iPhone option. I jumped from VERIZON, THE BEST SERVICE I HAD FOR PAST 5 YEARS, just to get/use an iPHONE. I am "mac centric" in my work and personal life.

ATT service;

• Dropped calls: I have had more since April than five years w/ Verizon
  • MMS: that fact you can't attach a photo to a text message is RIDICULOUS!  (ATT join the 21st century)
  • Service is "spotty" I honestly think they attach more bars than the actual service being received!

ADMIN for the forum site:  Start a "clicker" count of current ATT customers THAT will jump ship when the iPhone is offered to Verizon

I actually have already put aside the money to "buy out" my contract!

Looks like you will be there by yourself! Enjoy it!

Bye!

Message 65 of 123 (1,890 Views)
Professor

madurodave wrote:

MMSsux wrote:

I am

so wishing that Apple gives VERIZON an iPhone option. I jumped from VERIZON, THE BEST SERVICE I HAD FOR PAST 5 YEARS, just to get/use an iPHONE. I am "mac centric" in my work and personal life.

ATT service;

• Dropped calls: I have had more since April than five years w/ Verizon
  • MMS: that fact you can't attach a photo to a text message is RIDICULOUS!  (ATT join the 21st century)
  • Service is "spotty" I honestly think they attach more bars than the actual service being received!

ADMIN for the forum site:  Start a "clicker" count of current ATT customers THAT will jump ship when the iPhone is offered to Verizon

I actually have already put aside the money to "buy out" my contract!

Looks like you will be there by yourself! Enjoy it!

Bye!

I wonder if the iPhone would be called an iPhone when Verizon locks a lot of the features. I honestly think the iPhone wouldn't have done so well if Verizon had it. The end user experience would be lessened by the lockouts.
Message 66 of 123 (1,889 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]
{word filter} NO
Message Edited by pamelaz on 08-09-2009 12:47:41 PM
Message 67 of 123 (1,876 Views)
Master

Doppler808 wrote:
I wonder if the iPhone would be called an iPhone when Verizon locks a lot of the features. I honestly think the iPhone wouldn't have done so well if Verizon had it. The end user experience would be lessened by the lockouts.

My thoughts exactly.

It would not be as popular a phone if VZW had it first.

They would have crippled it and/or nickle and dimed you to death over every little thing.

Message 68 of 123 (1,872 Views)
Contributor

looks like a lot of iphone people will be staying with att even if verizon gets the iphone.  i too am another person who will definitely stick with att.  verizon will not only cripple the iphone like it does with other phones, but worldwide coverage is horrible with verizon even with the quad-band gsm phones they have.  i have been with att for a very long time, 7+ years, and it is the best service i have ever had, no problems at all.
Message 69 of 123 (1,867 Views)
Guru

Also keep in mind that the att network has been slammed from the data usage. A friend with an iphone is always using his iphone data day in day out.

Has att had some network issues and outages? Sure, but i think overall they have kept up with things fairly well considering the fact.

Almost everyone i know who has a busted phone within being a year old has verizon. Im sure its a coincidensce but from my experience my gsm phones have lasted alot longer for some reason.

Message 70 of 123 (1,822 Views)
Scholar

mikewho wrote:

Also keep in mind that the att network has been slammed from the data usage. A friend with an iphone is always using his iphone data day in day out.

Has att had some network issues and outages? Sure, but i think overall they have kept up with things fairly well considering the fact.

Almost everyone i know who has a busted phone within being a year old has verizon. Im sure its a coincidensce but from my experience my gsm phones have lasted alot longer for some reason.

It must be our phones just don't work as hard as Verizon because of all the dead zones!Smiley Very Happy
Message 71 of 123 (1,362 Views)
Guru

NOPE

Message 72 of 123 (1,334 Views)

AT&T YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 73 of 123 (1,311 Views)
Guru

SLIKRICK wrote:
Everybody has dropped calls. Period.

In order for a person to say, "I went X amount of years with XYZ (phone or carrier), and had no dropped calls," they also have to be saying that in that entire time no one else that they ever talked to on a cellphone call ever had a dropped call while on the line with them, either. And we know that's highly improbable.

If either you or that person did drop a call, there's no way to know whose phone dropped it. You can assume it was them, and they, you. But you don't truly know. So the assertion that anyone can realistically make that they "never" drop a call within a time period of any real significance is specious at best, and disingenuous at worst.
Message Edited by SLIKRICK on 08-07-2009 12:20:14 PM

Sure you would know... Phone makes different sound indicating which side lost service...

Message 74 of 123 (1,290 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

No, I will not.  Simple answer as to why:  still have to go through iTunes as the only media portal for music and ringtones.  Anyway, I seriously doubt that Apple will give up phone controls/functionality as much as others did over their phones under Verizon.

Message 75 of 123 (1,290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.