Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 27, 2011
10:32:55 PM
ITS THAT AT&T NO LONGER OFFERS UNLIMITED
Edited by pamelaz on May 28, 2011 at 8:37:51 AM

AT&T DEFINATELY SUCKS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER I AM I BUSINESS OWNER AND ALL THE INTERNET THAT IS AVAILABLE TO ME IS BROADBAND TO GO AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME UNLIMTED I HAVE TALKED TO THEM UNTIL I WAS BLUE IN THE FACE MY BILL IS 181 DOLLARS IN OVERAGE CHARGES I WILL NEVER PAY THAT THAT WOULD BE STUPID ON MY PART I COULD GET SOMETHING ALOT CHEAPER WITH UNLIMITED IF IT WERE AVAILABLE BUT ITS NOT THATS WHERE ATT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION THERE DOWNFALL WAS WHEN THEY DONE AWAY WITH UNLIMITED AND THEY ARE A LIAR WHEN THEY SAY THAT 99.9 PERCENT OF PEOPLE NEVER WENT OVER 2 GIGS A MONTH I GO OVER 5 GIGS IN A MONTH ONE MONTH I WENT OVER 16 GIGS ITS EASY IF YOU DO A LOT OF YOUTUBE OR GAMING BUT HEY WHY WOULD YOU HAVE INTERNET IF YOU COULDNT DO ALL OF THAT DUH ATT

{subject edited per: word filter evasion}

AT&T DEFINATELY SUCKS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER I AM I BUSINESS OWNER AND ALL THE INTERNET THAT IS AVAILABLE TO ME IS BROADBAND TO GO AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME UNLIMTED I HAVE TALKED TO THEM UNTIL I WAS BLUE IN THE FACE MY BILL IS 181 DOLLARS IN OVERAGE CHARGES I WILL NEVER PAY THAT THAT WOULD BE STUPID ON MY PART I COULD GET SOMETHING ALOT CHEAPER WITH UNLIMITED IF IT WERE AVAILABLE BUT ITS NOT THATS WHERE ATT TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION THERE DOWNFALL WAS WHEN THEY DONE AWAY WITH UNLIMITED AND THEY ARE A LIAR WHEN THEY SAY THAT 99.9 PERCENT OF PEOPLE NEVER WENT OVER 2 GIGS A MONTH I GO OVER 5 GIGS IN A MONTH ONE MONTH I WENT OVER 16 GIGS ITS EASY IF YOU DO A LOT OF YOUTUBE OR GAMING BUT HEY WHY WOULD YOU HAVE INTERNET IF YOU COULDNT DO ALL OF THAT DUH ATT

{subject edited per: word filter evasion}

ITS THAT AT&T NO LONGER OFFERS UNLIMITED

[ Edited ]
14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 6:05:41 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by pamelaz on May 28, 2011 at 8:38:03 AM

Business owner?

Business owner?

Re: ITS THAT AT&T NO LONGER OFFERS UNLIMITED

[ Edited ]
3 of 15 (1,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 10:38:12 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on May 28, 2011 at 8:38:30 AM

I CANT HELP ATT CAME OUT WITH THE IPHONE AND PEOPLE STARTED USING SO MUCH DATA YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AHEAD OF TIME ITS TO MANY PEOPLE ON YOUR NETWORK THATS NOT OUR FAULT FIX IT  {word filter evasion}

I CANT HELP ATT CAME OUT WITH THE IPHONE AND PEOPLE STARTED USING SO MUCH DATA YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AHEAD OF TIME ITS TO MANY PEOPLE ON YOUR NETWORK THATS NOT OUR FAULT FIX IT  {word filter evasion}

[ Edited ]
2 of 15 (1,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 9:24:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

YES I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS ON THE SIDE THAT I HAVE TO HAVE INTERNET FOR AND THEN I USE IT FOR EVERYDAY USE ALSO

YES I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS ON THE SIDE THAT I HAVE TO HAVE INTERNET FOR AND THEN I USE IT FOR EVERYDAY USE ALSO

4 of 15 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 10:21:00 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on May 28, 2011 at 10:22:45 PM

you knew you didn't have unlimited. there are other carriers that still do. you still chose at&t. you have to pay the bill or it goes against your credit and service will also be suspended. you can check your data usage online or *#data# on the phone to ensure not going over

also what business requires 16gb of YouTube and Vanessa because I want that job

you knew you didn't have unlimited. there are other carriers that still do. you still chose at&t. you have to pay the bill or it goes against your credit and service will also be suspended. you can check your data usage online or *#data# on the phone to ensure not going over

also what business requires 16gb of YouTube and Vanessa because I want that job
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 15 (1,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2011 11:32:08 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on May 29, 2011 at 7:28:15 PM

@JFizDaWiz

That's a flawed judgement call based on the assumption that all customers read every line of the useage agreement after each revision and are aware of every change. I was unaware of the change until a couple of weeks ago and I have no doubt that there are many other AT&T dsl customers who were unaware of the elimination of the unlimited data until they received the bill. It is a sneaky underhanded way to make customers who signed up for unlimited pay more and boost profits. I have no doubt that future revisions will decrease data caps to maximize revenues generated by "overuse" while keeping the limit just high enough [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. AT&T doesn't really care about customers. It's out to control as much of this country's telecommunication market as possible. How can a company get away with failing to maintain equipment and provide promised service to current customers paying full price for service while luring new customers with discount prices, then complain that customers are using the service too much. AT&T should not be permitted to buy any other companies until they deal with current problems and demonstrate a dedication to maintaining equipment and service for current customers. If they won't do so AT&T should be broken up again.

@JFizDaWiz

That's a flawed judgement call based on the assumption that all customers read every line of the useage agreement after each revision and are aware of every change. I was unaware of the change until a couple of weeks ago and I have no doubt that there are many other AT&T dsl customers who were unaware of the elimination of the unlimited data until they received the bill. It is a sneaky underhanded way to make customers who signed up for unlimited pay more and boost profits. I have no doubt that future revisions will decrease data caps to maximize revenues generated by "overuse" while keeping the limit just high enough [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. AT&T doesn't really care about customers. It's out to control as much of this country's telecommunication market as possible. How can a company get away with failing to maintain equipment and provide promised service to current customers paying full price for service while luring new customers with discount prices, then complain that customers are using the service too much. AT&T should not be permitted to buy any other companies until they deal with current problems and demonstrate a dedication to maintaining equipment and service for current customers. If they won't do so AT&T should be broken up again.

[ Edited ]
6 of 15 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2011 8:23:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, it looks like mentioning any potential legal action initiated by customers is taboo and grounds for censoring.

Well, it looks like mentioning any potential legal action initiated by customers is taboo and grounds for censoring.

7 of 15 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2011 10:13:18 PM
(0)
Employee
if were talking about cellphones you didn't get switched from unlimited, you got to keep it.
if were talking about DSL we're in tthe wrong forum
if were talking about cellphones you didn't get switched from unlimited, you got to keep it.
if were talking about DSL we're in tthe wrong forum
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 15 (952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 11:07:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

imho att should still offer unlimited data but they wont unfortunately. att is a business. nuff' said.

imho att should still offer unlimited data but they wont unfortunately. att is a business. nuff' said.

9 of 15 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 3:19:24 PM
(0)
Former Employee

I think OP is talking about an aircard or a mifi.

I think OP is talking about an aircard or a mifi.

10 of 15 (896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 4:07:50 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by coolstorybro on May 30, 2011 at 4:10:04 PM

Well he said "2gigs." I don't know any mifi or aircard that has a 2gb plan. Att offers the 5gb one though.

Well he said "2gigs." I don't know any mifi or aircard that has a 2gb plan. Att offers the 5gb one though.

[ Edited ]
11 of 15 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 11:51:39 AM
(0)
Employee
either way he knew he didn't have unlimited so I don't see why he's so mad at at&t for his over usage
either way he knew he didn't have unlimited so I don't see why he's so mad at at&t for his over usage

12 of 15 (526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 12:22:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

Best thing to do is monitor your data by dialing *3282# and then the green button on the phone and att will send a free text message with the usage. Use wifi where available. Not much you can do except don't go over 2gb if you dont want to pay for extra charges because that's what att offers. Switch to another carrier that offers the services you want would be another option. I mean nobody is forcing you to stay with att, there are other options.

Best thing to do is monitor your data by dialing *3282# and then the green button on the phone and att will send a free text message with the usage. Use wifi where available. Not much you can do except don't go over 2gb if you dont want to pay for extra charges because that's what att offers. Switch to another carrier that offers the services you want would be another option. I mean nobody is forcing you to stay with att, there are other options.

13 of 15 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 8:04:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

it wouldnt seem so bad but that cap it way to low what about gamers or people like me with limited ablity to leave the house due to illness that was the only refuge i had left the ablity to escape to online games now your want to limite that.  What happend to " ATT unlimit your self"  when did they drop that.  I live in a monoilized area we have no other provider so att can just do what ever they please it just feels so underhanded. I use to realy like this company they where realy great now they might as well be big oil its so sad :smileysad

it wouldnt seem so bad but that cap it way to low what about gamers or people like me with limited ablity to leave the house due to illness that was the only refuge i had left the ablity to escape to online games now your want to limite that.  What happend to " ATT unlimit your self"  when did they drop that.  I live in a monoilized area we have no other provider so att can just do what ever they please it just feels so underhanded. I use to realy like this company they where realy great now they might as well be big oil its so sad :smileysad

14 of 15 (490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 8:59:43 AM
(0)
Expert

satirell24 wrote:

If you are a gamer then you know not to utiulize a cell or satilite based connection to plan any current real time respone twitch or MMORPG game becasue the latency from the data signal makes the game unusable.

all carriers - wireless and wired are going to caps on data - 

satirell24 wrote:

If you are a gamer then you know not to utiulize a cell or satilite based connection to plan any current real time respone twitch or MMORPG game becasue the latency from the data signal makes the game unusable.

all carriers - wireless and wired are going to caps on data - 

15 of 15 (485 Views)