Helpful Links

ISO5 text msg color

Professor

ISO5 text msg color

ok i sent text msg  to my wife  the text back ground color was blue. i sent a text to my friend  the text back ground color was green why is this? 

Message 1 of 24
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: ISO5 text msg color

Blue is iMessage. Green is regular text message. It lets you know via which path your message was delivered.

Message 2 of 24
Mentor

I love this new feature!
Message 3 of 24
Scholar

Kristyjoy wrote:
I love this new feature!

I'm loving being able to speak text messages. No more typing! Hallelujah Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 24
Mentor

and I LOVE that I can send other iPhone/iPad/iPod users text messages now without being charged.....

Message 5 of 24
Scholar

mom2boys77 wrote:

and I LOVE that I can send other iPhone/iPad/iPod users text messages now without being charged.....

Yup. We're debating on whether or not to downgrade our unlimited messaging for that very reason.

Message 6 of 24
Teacher

dww0311 wrote:

mom2boys77 wrote:

Yup. We're debating on whether or not to downgrade our unlimited messaging for that very reason.

I didn't know this. That's great.

Message 7 of 24
Contributor

If now the text is being sent via imessage, does that count as data usage then? I have the 200MB and if it counts as data then that actually works against me. Does anyone know?

Message 8 of 24

Don't forget AT&T's unlimited plan now includes text and calls to other cell phone providers. This save minutes on ur plan.
Message 9 of 24
Teacher

We decided to not even include messaging for this very reason - the majority of our texts go either to each other or to family (most of which have iPhones) - and even if we message someone out of network we would have to send 150 of them for it to equal the cost of a monthly text plan. 

Once we get the {word filter evasion}- phones (ahem cough cough) we will monitor our usage for a month and see if this works out for us. 

I think it will!

Message 10 of 24
Professor

swttart wrote:

If now the text is being sent via imessage, does that count as data usage then? I have the 200MB and if it counts as data then that actually works against me. Does anyone know?

Yes, imessage texts count as data against your data plan.

Message 11 of 24
Scholar

swttart wrote:

Unless you are connected to Wi-Fi, yes, the iMessages will count as data usage.

Message 12 of 24
Mentor

I send a fair amount of texts but never over 200. We were able to keep our $5/200 messages plan so this helps greatly as hubby and I can iMessage each other.
Message 13 of 24
Scholar

Drelltheman wrote:
Don't forget AT&T's unlimited plan now includes text and calls to other cell phone providers. This save minutes on ur plan.

Since when does unlimited data include unlimited texting?

Message 14 of 24
Professor

dww0311 wrote:

Drelltheman wrote:

Since when does unlimited data include unlimited texting?

it does not include unlimited texting. i unlimited data and unlimited family text plan. the imessaging is a good idea wife uses it on the ipad and my daughter uses on the itouch.

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support