IS HTC Aria really discontinued?

Contributor

IS HTC Aria really discontinued?

On many post, it is said the HTC Aria for AT and T is discontinued, and stocks have disappeared.  But an AT and T manager has said they still carry it , it is not discontinued and stocks come in intermittently and move fast, so keep checking (as of April 15).  While phone may be long in the tooth I love the compact uni-body design and don't know if AT and T will have a sweet a replacement size and looks wise.

Is he wrong and it IS discontinued and I should scramble and try to find from another seller (many out)?

Message 1 of 8 (1,171 Views)
Master

Re: IS HTC Aria really discontinued?

You can try a store and see if they have them in stock. Best Buy might still have them too.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8 (1,169 Views)

According to the AT&T website (wireless.att.com), the Aria is discontinued.

Message 3 of 8 (1,138 Views)
Contributor

I was just in the Alltel to AT&T coversion...AT&T bought them out in my area.  When we ordered the replacement phones, I ordered the Aria because it was the one most similar to the one I had.  I received it last month and have only had it activated for 5 days.  I certainly hope they didn't send me a  phone that is now discontinued!

Message 4 of 8 (1,100 Views)
Professor

springdal wrote:

I was just in the Alltel to AT&T coversion...AT&T bought them out in my area.  When we ordered the replacement phones, I ordered the Aria because it was the one most similar to the one I had.  I received it last month and have only had it activated for 5 days.  I certainly hope they didn't send me a  phone that is now discontinued!

Why?  What does it matter if the phone you just got is discontinued?  It is still supported and fully covered by the warranty.

Message 5 of 8 (1,085 Views)
Master

satchev wrote:

springdal wrote:

Why?  What does it matter if the phone you just got is discontinued?  It is still supported and fully covered by the warranty.

Right. Just because it may not be the latest and greatest out there doesn't mean that it's not worth any value to someone/is a piece of junk. A phone is a phone, no matter what anyone's phone can do over the other. I would gladly accept it if I were you - discontinued or not.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 8 (1,048 Views)
Professor

They might just be updating the color of the phone or something silly like that.  This happened with the Tilt2 a few months ago.  The Tilt2 was listed as "discontinued", and lots of people flipped out (primary people worried about getting warranty replacements).  Then a new version of it showed up; nothing different, except a new exterior color and updated software.  And that is an HTC phone that is 8 months older than the Aria, and its still available to this day.  So its possible they may be doing something similar with the Aria.

Message 7 of 8 (1,025 Views)
Contributor

Hello all,

Thanks for the input.  It looks like a free re-furbished just came in, and ordered one of those.  Radioshack had one for 49 bucks with free battery but kept thinking I was adding a line, and kept wanting to charge $179.  After three calls to them the re-furbished one came up so I punted.  Radioshack just couldn't figure out my account-it was a primary line upgrade renewal.

Now that I ordered this I expect AT & T to launch a new, compact model, but I am not encouraged.  I will keep checking.

Message 8 of 8 (909 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.