Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 1, 2011
11:42:06 AM
View profile
IPhone iOS 5: iMessaging

Does the block function work to still block texts to and from a number if both individuals are on iOS 5 and are iMessaging?

Does the block function work to still block texts to and from a number if both individuals are on iOS 5 and are iMessaging?

IPhone iOS 5: iMessaging

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 10:46:05 AM
(0)
Employee
Nope, doesn't block iMessage
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: IPhone iOS 5: iMessaging

2 of 4 (2,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2012 7:42:23 PM
(0)
Expert

Could you elaborate on this more?

We've been getting a daily barrage of spam texts...coincidence they are at the near same time and from the same spammer on all phones in the plan!  Is this an inside job, how else to explain it? Smiley Mad  I report them to 7726, but they keep coming.

Texting was supposed to be turned off, but once we upgraded to new phones, all the texts started again.  We don't text, period.  BTW, pay-per-use, and why it's a problem!

I asked to have a block put on last month, texting continued.  Called again this month to request it again, and now I see iMessage'ing won't work!

I thought it was not supposed to block iMessage?

Any thoughts how to get through to CS?

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Could you elaborate on this more?

We've been getting a daily barrage of spam texts...coincidence they are at the near same time and from the same spammer on all phones in the plan!  Is this an inside job, how else to explain it? Smiley Mad  I report them to 7726, but they keep coming.

Texting was supposed to be turned off, but once we upgraded to new phones, all the texts started again.  We don't text, period.  BTW, pay-per-use, and why it's a problem!

I asked to have a block put on last month, texting continued.  Called again this month to request it again, and now I see iMessage'ing won't work!

I thought it was not supposed to block iMessage?

Any thoughts how to get through to CS?

JFizDaWiz wrote:

3 of 4 (2,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 2:39:20 PM
(0)
Employee

Here are some more tips to block and prevent wireless spam: http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SpamControlsForWireless

Here are some more tips to block and prevent wireless spam: http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SpamControlsForWireless

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (2,000 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments