IOS 5 release date

Professor

IOS 5 release date

when is apple releasing the IOS 5 update?   could not find a exact date of  release on it.

Message 1 of 23
Scholar

Re: IOS 5 release date

Then why didn't you check the Apple website?
Message 16 of 23
Professor

tonester wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

satchev wrote:

When Apple announces it, there will be a "real" date, until then... the "real" date is Fall 2011.

i will wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one coming out and IOS5.   my iphone 4 still great condition.

Guess that's the only thing that's still "great" about  your iPhone 4--namely, the condition--otherwise you wouldn't be considering about getting the iPhone 5.

As much as people sing praises about the iPhone 4, I'm willing to bet that more than a few iPhone 4 owners will dump theirs like a bad habit as soon as the iPhone 5 is released. Smiley Very Happy

Depends on what the iPhone 5 (or whatever) offers over the iPhone 4, and where people are in their upgrade cycle.  If it's just some minor tweaks like the 3GS was over the 3G, some people may wait until the next one, especially if that one is expected to have 4G.

Message 17 of 23
Guru

wingrider01 wrote:

tonester wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

satchev wrote:

When Apple announces it, there will be a "real" date, until then... the "real" date is Fall 2011.

i will wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one coming out and IOS5.   my iphone 4 still great condition.

Guess that's the only thing that's still "great" about  your iPhone 4--namely, the condition--otherwise you wouldn't be considering about getting the iPhone 5.

As much as people sing praises about the iPhone 4, I'm willing to bet that more than a few iPhone 4 owners will dump theirs like a bad habit as soon as the iPhone 5 is released. Smiley Very Happy

doesn;t sound like a sound plan - since no one knows waht the iphone 5 that is rummer for a october release will be capable of

LOL nothing wrong with speculation...and besides, no one knew what the iPhone 3GS was capable of before it was released...and when it was released, it didn't stop quite a few folks from dumping their iPhone 3G for it.  I'd be more than willing to bet that there will indeed be quite a few folks who'll either sell their iPhone 4 or use the upgrade on an existing line on a family plan to get the iPhone 5 when it is released...such is the vanity of Apple sheep fanboys and fangirls alike.  Heck, I'm willing to bet that there are some folks just like that here in this forum who are already planning to do just that...you can count on it. Smiley Wink  Heck--weren't there a few folks who used an existing upgrade on another line or sold their iPhone simply so that they can swap out their BLACK iPhone 4 for a WHITE one?  I mean, you want to talk about vanity...if people are willing to swap one same-gen model for another same-gen just because of color, then what makes you think people wouldn't swap a current-gen model for the next-gen one?

Message 18 of 23
Master

tonester wrote:
I mean, you want to talk about vanity...if people are willing to swap one same-gen model for another same-gen just because of color, then what makes you think people wouldn't swap a current-gen model for the next-gen one?

I agree with you. It's usually the people who always want the latest and greatest and have to have it NOW.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 19 of 23
Master

^ Hey, Wild Banchi, I resemble that remark, lol. Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 23
Master

Irish Rose wrote:
^ Hey, Wild Banchi, I resemble that remark, lol. Smiley Very Happy
That's not a bad thing... People have their preferences and are free to choose what they like and make their own decisions. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 21 of 23
Master

I have the 3GS model. So, upgrading to the next released iPhone is my plan. If I had the iPhone 4, I would check to see what the next gen offered. When it's officially announced. My iPhone has been slightly wonky lately though. Not sure if I'm out of warranty
Message 22 of 23
Highlighted
Guru

yea... thats true alright

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support