IOS 5 release date

Professor

IOS 5 release date

when is apple releasing the IOS 5 update?   could not find a exact date of  release on it.

Message 1 of 23 (1,593 Views)
Expert

Re: IOS 5 release date

graphite07 wrote:

when is apple releasing the IOS 5 update?   could not find a exact date of  release on it.

Apple has not said anything about it yet - all that is out there is speculation and rumor - found anytwhere from labor day to fall of 2011

Message 2 of 23 (1,588 Views)
Master

Come on! You have been here long enough to know that until Apple announces something that is easy to find, it is all rumor and guesses.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 23 (1,556 Views)
Professor

not really easy to find lol......    wanted to see if there was a *REAL* date set.

Message 4 of 23 (1,521 Views)
Professor

When Apple announces it, there will be a "real" date, until then... the "real" date is Fall 2011.

Message 5 of 23 (1,498 Views)
Professor

satchev wrote:

When Apple announces it, there will be a "real" date, until then... the "real" date is Fall 2011.

thank you  for the  reply!!  i will wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one coming out and IOS5.   my iphone 4 still great condition.

Message 6 of 23 (1,474 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I actually am running beta 7 on my phone, it's pretty neat! I think one of the features you'll like is the ability to search for updates without iTunes! Smiley Wink

Looking at the "e" on when I see the version, would only make me assume this is an evaluation (RC) version. Smiley Tongue So I think we should expect it very soon! Smiley Happy

-Evandela
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 23 (1,446 Views)
Professor

Evandela wrote:
I actually am running beta 7 on my phone, it's pretty neat! I think one of the features you'll like is the ability to search for updates without iTunes! Smiley Wink

Looking at the "e" on when I see the version, would only make me assume this is an evaluation (RC) version. Smiley Tongue So I think we should expect it very soon! Smiley Happy

-Evandela

add me on your delovper account lol opps i mean my iphone serial number so i can try the beta out. i ran beta once on my 2g iphone.

Message 8 of 23 (1,415 Views)
ACE - Master

graphite07 wrote:

add me on your delovper account lol opps i mean my iphone serial number so i can try the beta out. i ran beta once on my 2g iphone.

Are you aware that Apple has started the process to lock-down users doing what you describe?  If they find developer accounts with phones not in the same area as the developer, the "extra phones" are being bricked under iOS5 (they can still follow instructions to go back to iOS4).  I'm not sure what the impact to the developer "sharing" their acount, but I wouldn't want to be one caught  for that...

Just a point to consder before you go using a developer's access to get the eta iOS...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 23 (1,412 Views)
Professor

GeekBoy wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

Are you aware that Apple has started the process to lock-down users doing what you describe?  If they find developer accounts with phones not in the same area as the developer, the "extra phones" are being bricked under iOS5 (they can still follow instructions to go back to iOS4).  I'm not sure what the impact to the developer "sharing" their acount, but I wouldn't want to be one caught  for that...

Just a point to consder before you go using a developer's access to get the eta iOS...

some one here added me a while so i could try out a beta when i had my 2g iphone.  i was just asking.

no big deal,i ca nwait for the ios5.

Message 10 of 23 (1,365 Views)
Master

Apple is getting stricter about who a Developer is. The past is not necessarily what is being done now. It may still be possible to get added but there are reports of some issues. If there is a problem, can you afford to be without your iPhone and or take some non-routine steps to downgrade. Just make your choice with your eyes wide open.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 11 of 23 (784 Views)
Guru

graphite07 wrote:

satchev wrote:

i will wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one coming out and IOS5.   my iphone 4 still great condition.

Guess that's the only thing that's still "great" about  your iPhone 4--namely, the condition--otherwise you wouldn't be considering about getting the iPhone 5.

As much as people sing praises about the iPhone 4, I'm willing to bet that more than a few iPhone 4 owners will dump theirs like a bad habit as soon as the iPhone 5 is released. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 23 (730 Views)
Expert

tonester wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

satchev wrote:

i will wait for the Iphone 5 if there is one coming out and IOS5.   my iphone 4 still great condition.

Guess that's the only thing that's still "great" about  your iPhone 4--namely, the condition--otherwise you wouldn't be considering about getting the iPhone 5.

As much as people sing praises about the iPhone 4, I'm willing to bet that more than a few iPhone 4 owners will dump theirs like a bad habit as soon as the iPhone 5 is released. Smiley Very Happy

doesn;t sound like a sound plan - since no one knows waht the iphone 5 that is rummer for a october release will be capable of

Message 13 of 23 (722 Views)
Guru

I was listening to the radio this morning and the news had a story saying the iphone 5 will be released late this October with pre-orders being taken after October 1st. All this is according to an unknown "source" who is allegedly an AT&T worker. Believe it when I see it.
Message 14 of 23 (691 Views)
Expert

Facci wrote:
I was listening to the radio this morning and the news had a story saying the iphone 5 will be released late this October with pre-orders being taken after October 1st. All this is according to an unknown "source" who is allegedly an AT&T worker. Believe it when I see it.

If the comment was not made by Apple, would bet the house on it.

Message 15 of 23 (672 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.