Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 9, 2012
6:34:55 AM
View profile
IOS 5.1

Any word on the IOS 5.1 update.  News on it has disappered.  The "calm before the storm?"

Any word on the IOS 5.1 update.  News on it has disappered.  The "calm before the storm?"

IOS 5.1

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 7:00:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

E the P wrote:

I just saw an article about it... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2012/01/apple-quad-core-ipad-iphone.html

It will come out whenever it comes out.

E the P wrote:

I just saw an article about it... http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2012/01/apple-quad-core-ipad-iphone.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: IOS 5.1

2 of 14 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 8:25:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

johninsj wrote:

E the P wrote:

Yea, I've seen articles about that too.  What has me hoping they will come out with the upgrade soon is there have been no articles about new beta releases for a while now.

johninsj wrote:

E the P wrote:

Yea, I've seen articles about that too.  What has me hoping they will come out with the upgrade soon is there have been no articles about new beta releases for a while now.

3 of 14 (687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 8:42:39 AM
(0)
Guru

I'm holding out for IOS 9.32 for my Iphone 7S.

Actually, are you having some particular problem with the current IOS?

It appears the next update is geared more toward a new chipset that has not come to use yet. Of course there are always some minor glitches that are resolved with each one, but as of right now there are no major problems reported.

It appears the next update is geared more toward a new chipset that has not come to use yet. Of course there are always some minor glitches that are resolved with each one, but as of right now there are no major problems reported.

4 of 14 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 10:18:37 AM
(0)
Professor

i get the updates as they come out no need to keep posting about release dates and news about them. when i see a update is available i update my iphone.

i get the updates as they come out no need to keep posting about release dates and news about them. when i see a update is available i update my iphone.

hello!!!

5 of 14 (655 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 3:29:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

E the P wrote:

Beta 5.1 r 3 released today, reported on several sites. So, still in beta.

E the P wrote:

Beta 5.1 r 3 released today, reported on several sites. So, still in beta.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 14 (626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 5:18:05 PM
(0)
Professor

any thing good in the 5.1 beta>?

hello!!!

7 of 14 (612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 6:48:34 PM
(0)
Master
What are you looking for? Hidden goodies for some as of yet announced devices but until it is released, things will appear and disappear in the code.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
What are you looking for? Hidden goodies for some as of yet announced devices but until it is released, things will appear and disappear in the code.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 14 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2012 8:37:57 PM
(0)
Professor

youngjm wrote:

i was saying i like how i can use ring tones for everything now.

youngjm wrote:

i was saying i like how i can use ring tones for everything now.

hello!!!

9 of 14 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 4:56:41 AM
(0)
Scholar

stclair49 wrote:

I'm waiting for some battery improvements.  I've had to turn off many services just to get some reasonable battery time. 

stclair49 wrote:

I'm waiting for some battery improvements.  I've had to turn off many services just to get some reasonable battery time. 

10 of 14 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 5:49:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

If I told you, I'd have to kill you Smiley Happy

In all seriousness, I have no idea. I'm not in the beta.

graphite07 wrote:

11 of 14 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 4:34:55 PM
(0)
Professor

johninsj wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

thats funny.

johninsj wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

thats funny.

hello!!!

12 of 14 (394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2012 6:21:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hmmm,  I'm not sure if I can compare Apple's to Apple's here (pun intended) but my iPhone 4 (in a Mophie Juice Pack Air) makes it all day and I still have charge left when I plug it in at night when I go to bed.    Lately, I seldom get below 80% on the iPhone itself before it's plugged in and charging for the nght.

I use 3G, wifi, push, fetch every hour for my 20+ eamil accounts, plenty of push notifications, etc.  About the only things I lmit myself on are location services, as the GPSr will suck the life out of the battery in no time.  I don't completey disable location services, I just restict my usage of them, as I don't really need my phone alerting me if someone near me has posted on Facebook or twitter.  If they are someone I follow, I will get the notice of their post soon enough.  For me, very few services need to know my locaton any more accurately than they can get form wifi or cell tower triangulation.   Heck, for me, the wifi assisted location services are generally more accurate than the GPS based ones anyway...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Hmmm,  I'm not sure if I can compare Apple's to Apple's here (pun intended) but my iPhone 4 (in a Mophie Juice Pack Air) makes it all day and I still have charge left when I plug it in at night when I go to bed.    Lately, I seldom get below 80% on the iPhone itself before it's plugged in and charging for the nght.

I use 3G, wifi, push, fetch every hour for my 20+ eamil accounts, plenty of push notifications, etc.  About the only things I lmit myself on are location services, as the GPSr will suck the life out of the battery in no time.  I don't completey disable location services, I just restict my usage of them, as I don't really need my phone alerting me if someone near me has posted on Facebook or twitter.  If they are someone I follow, I will get the notice of their post soon enough.  For me, very few services need to know my locaton any more accurately than they can get form wifi or cell tower triangulation.   Heck, for me, the wifi assisted location services are generally more accurate than the GPS based ones anyway...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

13 of 14 (384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2012 5:53:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
I get about 2 days out of my 4S
It's all down to how u use it I got away without charging from fri night uptil Wednesday using now and then etc

The main killer of the phone is 3G tho
Wifi lasts ages music listening ages Smiley Wink

Btw hope a update arrives to sort the Usage and Standby out mine often fails to reset after a full charge or the new one which happened last night was lines in the usage and standby lol

I backed up reinstalled iTunes and restored iPhone
Hoping this has did the trick abit Smiley Wink
I get about 2 days out of my 4S
It's all down to how u use it I got away without charging from fri night uptil Wednesday using now and then etc

The main killer of the phone is 3G tho
Wifi lasts ages music listening ages Smiley Wink

Btw hope a update arrives to sort the Usage and Standby out mine often fails to reset after a full charge or the new one which happened last night was lines in the usage and standby lol

I backed up reinstalled iTunes and restored iPhone
Hoping this has did the trick abit Smiley Wink

14 of 14 (298 Views)