Helpful Links

IOS 5.0 Release

Mentor

IOS 5.0 Release

With the Apple meeting taking place on Oct 4 to more than likely announce IP5, do you think IOS 5 will be available shortly thereafter? 

If I remember right, when IP4 was announced, IOS 4 was available later that week or the week after.  I am guessing they will probably announce IOS 5 next week as well, but wondering if anyone has heard anything definitive.  Thanks

Message 1 of 10
Professor

Re: IOS 5.0 Release

Anyone that does know is bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

The only definitive details are iOS5 will be released this fall and Apple is holding an event on October 4th.

After that, we all will know the same details that are announced at the event.

Message 2 of 10
Master

paepae805 wrote:

If I remember right, when IP4 was announced, IOS 4 was available later that week or the week afterI am guessing they will probably announce IOS 5 next week as well, but wondering if anyone has heard anything definitiveThanks

It's hard to tell exactly what Apple will do, as nothing about the new iPhone has gone according to how it went in the past. However, I would guess the same as what you said here.

Message 3 of 10
Guru

I would say that if anything iOS 5 will be out (at least) three days ahead of the new phone(s) and their release date

Message 4 of 10
Scholar

I have no knowledge and am not psychic, so I'll just guess:

New hardware and iOS upgrade will be announced Tuesday. Software will be available at midnight that night. Pre-orders will be taken for new hardware also starting at midnight.  It will ship in a week. Lines will start forming at Apple Stores. 

Message 5 of 10
Professor

And all will be right with the world.
Message 6 of 10
Professor

Myrtlemaye wrote:

I have no knowledge and am not psychic, so I'll just guess:

[...] Software will be available at midnight that night. Pre-orders will be taken for new hardware also starting at midnight.  It will ship in a week.  

Bad guesses.

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

I would assume with the jailbreak community also on hold, apple will release iOS 5 with the new iPhone 5 launch. This ensures it's not available in full form for exploit, thus a jailbreak already out before the new product launches,
Message 8 of 10
Professor

I'll play. My guesses are:

iPhone preordering starts 7-10 days after Oct. 4 announcement.
iPhone release day is 7-10 days after preordering starts
iOS5 available for download after preorder date, but before release date.
Message 9 of 10
Professor

dwill05 wrote:
I'll play. My guesses are:

iPhone preordering starts 7-10 days after Oct. 4 announcement.
iPhone release day is 7-10 days after preordering starts
iOS5 available for download after preorder date, but before release date.

Good guesses.  My bet is that preorder will be 3 days after announcement and the sale date will be 10 days after (Oct. 14).

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support