Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 24, 2008
9:34:47 AM
View profile
INTERNATIONAL USE OF AIR CARD (LAPTOP CONNECT)
Hi I have a laptop connect 3G and enroll monthly.  I called your customer service they transfer me all over to get the answer finally it hang up. 

My question is: Can I connect to the Net when I am in Indonesia?  If yes, wonderful but if NOT, I need to know how and fast.  I will be traveling first week of April.

Thanks Yvonne Woolever.
Please send the answer to my email.

Thanks again.
Hi I have a laptop connect 3G and enroll monthly.  I called your customer service they transfer me all over to get the answer finally it hang up. 

My question is: Can I connect to the Net when I am in Indonesia?  If yes, wonderful but if NOT, I need to know how and fast.  I will be traveling first week of April.

Thanks Yvonne Woolever.
Please send the answer to my email.

Thanks again.

INTERNATIONAL USE OF AIR CARD (LAPTOP CONNECT)

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2008 4:15:12 PM
(0)
Scholar
Hello.  This is a user forum so AT&T does does monitor or reply to questions in this site.

Your air card will work in Indonesia, you have to call customer care at 1-800-331-0500 and activate international roaming.  International data roaming is expensive at $0.0195 per Kb ($20 per Mb) and usage can add up quickly. 

Below is a link for some additional data:

Hello.  This is a user forum so AT&T does does monitor or reply to questions in this site.

Your air card will work in Indonesia, you have to call customer care at 1-800-331-0500 and activate international roaming.  International data roaming is expensive at $0.0195 per Kb ($20 per Mb) and usage can add up quickly. 

Below is a link for some additional data:

Re: INTERNATIONAL USE OF AIR CARD (LAPTOP CONNECT)

2 of 3 (8,109 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2008 5:39:22 PM
(0)
Guru
Probably a much better (less expensive) option would be to get your card unlocked or buy an unlocked card (perhaps from ebay), then use a local Indonesian SIM card and plan.

If you are going to be in Indonesia only a short time, then sticking with at&t may be ok, but you would really need to watch your usage to avoid an exorbitant bill.
Probably a much better (less expensive) option would be to get your card unlocked or buy an unlocked card (perhaps from ebay), then use a local Indonesian SIM card and plan.

If you are going to be in Indonesia only a short time, then sticking with at&t may be ok, but you would really need to watch your usage to avoid an exorbitant bill.

Re: INTERNATIONAL USE OF AIR CARD (LAPTOP CONNECT)

3 of 3 (8,103 Views)