IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

Professor

IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

ok yesterday i sold my iphone 4 outright. the guy looking at Insisted i remove the sim card holder. i asked him why? he said to match the IMEI number and serial number to the box. well they did not match  because apple replaced the iphone under warranty. i was not aware that the IMEI and serial number was on the sim card tray/holder. i was asking 250$ for my iphone 4 i got like 20 emails in the first hour i listed it on craigslist. after he found out the numbers did not match he tryed to LOWBALL me.i said no thanks i have like 15 other ppl in line wanting it. so he bought it. but he told me he never owned a iphone before,i was thinking if have not had a iphone before how did he know  about the serial # and IMEI #!!   on the sim holder.  i did know  about this. so i checked my 4S and it matches  whats on the back of the box. any one else know about this?

if your Iphone gets stolen this is a way to id it just keep your box.

Message 1 of 3
Mentor

Re: IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

Do you have the paperwork from your warranty repair? Usually they come with a sticker with the new serial number and IMEI

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

TerraPhantm wrote:

Do you have the paperwork from your warranty repair? Usually they come with a sticker with the new serial number and IMEI

yes some where.  they replaced the iphone. he understood its all good.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support