IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

Professor

IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

ok yesterday i sold my iphone 4 outright. the guy looking at Insisted i remove the sim card holder. i asked him why? he said to match the IMEI number and serial number to the box. well they did not match  because apple replaced the iphone under warranty. i was not aware that the IMEI and serial number was on the sim card tray/holder. i was asking 250$ for my iphone 4 i got like 20 emails in the first hour i listed it on craigslist. after he found out the numbers did not match he tryed to LOWBALL me.i said no thanks i have like 15 other ppl in line wanting it. so he bought it. but he told me he never owned a iphone before,i was thinking if have not had a iphone before how did he know  about the serial # and IMEI #!!   on the sim holder.  i did know  about this. so i checked my 4S and it matches  whats on the back of the box. any one else know about this?

if your Iphone gets stolen this is a way to id it just keep your box.

Message 1 of 3 (1,906 Views)
Mentor

Re: IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

Do you have the paperwork from your warranty repair? Usually they come with a sticker with the new serial number and IMEI

Message 2 of 3 (1,888 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: IMEI &serial number on sim card holder.

TerraPhantm wrote:

Do you have the paperwork from your warranty repair? Usually they come with a sticker with the new serial number and IMEI

yes some where.  they replaced the iphone. he understood its all good.

Message 3 of 3 (1,862 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.