Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 28, 2010
6:43:14 AM
View profile
IE 8 - Cannot Login to www.att.com/addressbook - receive error 404

IE 8 - Cannot Login to www.att.com/addressbook  ( http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/address-book.jsp )  ( https://addressbook.att.net/ )  - Get Subscriber Error 404: There was a problem retrieving subscriber information: subscriber not found

Whatsup with this ?   Smiley Mad

IE 8 - Cannot Login to www.att.com/addressbook  ( http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/address-book.jsp )  ( https://addressbook.att.net/ )  - Get Subscriber Error 404: There was a problem retrieving subscriber information: subscriber not found

Whatsup with this ?   Smiley Mad

IE 8 - Cannot Login to www.att.com/addressbook - receive error 404

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2011 12:18:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem. Addressbook set up on Samsung Captivate.... I can log into my at&t account OK. I can login in to my calendar OK. CANNOT login in to my addressbook. I get the error message below. I know the username and password are correct because I get int my calendar OK with same...  Please help!!!!

I have the same problem. Addressbook set up on Samsung Captivate.... I can log into my at&t account OK. I can login in to my calendar OK. CANNOT login in to my addressbook. I get the error message below. I know the username and password are correct because I get int my calendar OK with same...  Please help!!!!

Re: IE 8 - Cannot Login to www.att.com/addressbook - receive error 404

2 of 8 (5,368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2011 7:41:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Address Book requires a data plan of a specific size.  A pay-as-you-go plan doesn't seem to help.  It would be nice if it gave a useful error message.

Address Book requires a data plan of a specific size.  A pay-as-you-go plan doesn't seem to help.  It would be nice if it gave a useful error message.

3 of 8 (4,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 9:35:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Don't you hate it when a utility is rolled out to users without any adequate testing ?

The concept of storing my address book online or on my machine is great ! However, the actual implementation of the idea by AT&T leaves way too much to be desired!

Come on, AT&T, pay some decent bucks and hire half-way decent testers and programmers !

Don't you hate it when a utility is rolled out to users without any adequate testing ?

The concept of storing my address book online or on my machine is great ! However, the actual implementation of the idea by AT&T leaves way too much to be desired!

Come on, AT&T, pay some decent bucks and hire half-way decent testers and programmers !

4 of 8 (4,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2011 10:00:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

i cant get into the address book either it on phone or puter whats up...with this

i cant get into the address book either it on phone or puter whats up...with this

5 of 8 (4,436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 3:22:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have spent hours trying to log in and have gone full circle and am still getting the 404 error. This after numerous pw resets and CS and Chat sessions to no avail. Was wondering if you ever got your 404 issue resolved and how. Help please. Thank you.

I have spent hours trying to log in and have gone full circle and am still getting the 404 error. This after numerous pw resets and CS and Chat sessions to no avail. Was wondering if you ever got your 404 issue resolved and how. Help please. Thank you.

6 of 8 (4,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2011 7:44:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Problem solved. AT&T support finally elevated the issue to folks who knew what they were doing. On the LG GU295, before you can sign on to the Address Book login in page, you must sync from your phone first. In the GU 295 go to Menu>Contact List>Options>Sync Settings> Auto Sync On>Sync Now. Prior to my finally being able to successfully sync my phone, I had to register the sync ability and can't rememeber the exact path in the phone but I think it's pretty easy to find it. I will say each time I tried to register the sync, I got about 3 or 4 failed to register messages then by the time I was elevated to another CS person the registration had finally initiated on it's own without me being aware that it had. Also, once I hit the Sync Now, I had a weak signal on my phone and it took several attempts until it finally started sync-ing. Anyway, once the sync was complete, I was able to Log In using my phone number and PW I had originally set up. That took 2 attempts and I was in .....finally. All of my phone contacts were there and it was all wireless. What I don't understand is why AT&T does not add this fix to their Q&A. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Problem solved. AT&T support finally elevated the issue to folks who knew what they were doing. On the LG GU295, before you can sign on to the Address Book login in page, you must sync from your phone first. In the GU 295 go to Menu>Contact List>Options>Sync Settings> Auto Sync On>Sync Now. Prior to my finally being able to successfully sync my phone, I had to register the sync ability and can't rememeber the exact path in the phone but I think it's pretty easy to find it. I will say each time I tried to register the sync, I got about 3 or 4 failed to register messages then by the time I was elevated to another CS person the registration had finally initiated on it's own without me being aware that it had. Also, once I hit the Sync Now, I had a weak signal on my phone and it took several attempts until it finally started sync-ing. Anyway, once the sync was complete, I was able to Log In using my phone number and PW I had originally set up. That took 2 attempts and I was in .....finally. All of my phone contacts were there and it was all wireless. What I don't understand is why AT&T does not add this fix to their Q&A. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

7 of 8 (3,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2011 6:59:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by obogdanov on Apr 23, 2011 at 6:59:57 AM

And I can't even see that last reply!  Awesome - way to go ATT.  I'm guessing it's because I mentioned a competitor and that I was switching because of these nonsense issue.  Oh well.

And I can't even see that last reply!  Awesome - way to go ATT.  I'm guessing it's because I mentioned a competitor and that I was switching because of these nonsense issue.  Oh well.

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (3,765 Views)