ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

Scholar

ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

Looks like ICS has been released for our GS2s today, looks like its kind of hit and miss on if you get it right away but the way to get it is to connect your phone to your computer/Kies and if your one of the lucky ones you will get the update... 

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Offical Samsung release page

Samsung Firmware

Message 1 of 59 (5,967 Views)
Contributor

Re: ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

Message 16 of 59 (4,530 Views)
Teacher

When ICS finally hits that Keis server its going to blow up with angry users all trying to get it. I did see a notice last night that Keis was going down fri nite into sat for some cryptic maint. Typical ATT. But Keis is run by Sammy so I guess Sammy had to wait for ATT to add some of their nice little bolatware and paid apps into ICS so they can try to trick a few people into buying service google provides for free. I love att. NOT

Message 17 of 59 (4,511 Views)
Highlighted

roblco wrote:

Finally! Thanks,

How come it's not OTA?

It's too large for an OTA.

Message 18 of 59 (4,481 Views)
Teacher

Yeah OTA no go. I kept checking not realizing this was going to be a Keis deal. I was going to try keis update via wifi but I decided against it as the wifi might go out on phone in the process. ATT does not warn agains that but only mentions using the USB cable and Keis. I really hope this all works and I dont get a brick

Message 19 of 59 (4,473 Views)

My Kies has said for Months on my PC, "that it does not support software updates"  Has said this ever since update to 2.3.6 Gingerbread.  So how is one to do updates.  Have a friend that gets same message with his I-727 Skyrocket.

Message 20 of 59 (4,281 Views)
Tutor

They have to fix Kies before skyrocket can receive updates. And i was told the other day by att cs(which prolly doesnt mean much) skyrocket update is due out mid august
Message 21 of 59 (4,276 Views)

They have had plenty of time to fix Kies over the Months with there updates to Kies
Message 22 of 59 (4,259 Views)

They have had plenty of time to fix Kies over the Months with there updates to Kies

Message 23 of 59 (4,258 Views)
Teacher

go to samsung firmware website, download odin, patch yourself and bam, ICS... finally but guess what, i've already encountered many gltiches and freezes.. thanks at&t i waited months and still BROKEN firmware thanks very much.. buying international version and ridding my self of you!!!!

Message 24 of 59 (4,043 Views)
Scholar

I successfully updated from Kies this morning. Everything is working fine so far. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 59 (3,729 Views)
Voyager

Yes, I can confirm. I downloaded and updated via KIES this morning. The initial install failed to recognize my device when it began to download the update to the phone. Was prompted to remove the battery and restart. Everything went super smooth from that point forward. My Exchange email account, userid and password, were maintained as were my applications, wifi logon, etc. All looks good so far.

Message 26 of 59 (3,722 Views)
Scholar

Evil_Homer said,"I successfully updated from Kies this morning. Everything is working fine so far".
SO you have ICS in your SII, thats a good news. How many MBs the ICS properties is?
I am so disappointed about AT&T and Samsung activities. because the main page (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755#) of Update usa Samsung Smartphone is still not updated about AT&T's Samsung Galaxy SII ICS update. AT&T also didn't announced it in their Facebook a/c or in their webpage easy way!! This not a professional way of a usa biggest telecommunication company.
Message 27 of 59 (3,696 Views)
Scholar

Where do I check how many MBs the ICS properties is?
Message 28 of 59 (3,677 Views)
Scholar

When the update was progressing via Kies, there the properties should be shown. Or how long it was taken n how many kbps/mbps was the connection speed was while the update was processing??
Message 29 of 59 (3,673 Views)
Scholar

what's the version of this Samsung SII ICS? is that 4.0.3??
Message 30 of 59 (3,671 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.