ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

Scholar

ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

Looks like ICS has been released for our GS2s today, looks like its kind of hit and miss on if you get it right away but the way to get it is to connect your phone to your computer/Kies and if your one of the lucky ones you will get the update... 

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Offical Samsung release page

Samsung Firmware

Message 1 of 59 (5,979 Views)
Scholar

Re: ICS was released for Galaxy S2 today..

So you actually did get ICS today?  What country are you in?

Message 2 of 59 (5,898 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

josephi wrote:

So you actually did get ICS today?  What country are you in?

No I didn't but have friends on a different forum who did, the ones reporting receiving it were AT&T US users.. I've been running ICS for a few months already (not the "official" version) so I won't be updating to the released version but wanted to let you guys know it was out..

Message 3 of 59 (5,880 Views)
Teacher

The i777?

Cool..........

Wish I could get ICS in a few days.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 59 (5,844 Views)
Teacher

The i777 is not our phone. I727 is what you should looking out for. Rogers released ICS for their variant of our phone but it is not compatible with ours.

Message 5 of 59 (5,640 Views)
Scholar

If OS ICS is available for Samsung Galxy SII, Samsung Galxy SII Skyrocket Or, Note then it will be announced in the webpage - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755#
Message 6 of 59 (5,550 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Actually, I777 IS our phone, as this post is in reference to the Galaxy S2, NOT the Skyrocket, which is I727. Either way, redhot4400 is correct. I talked to both Samsung and AT&T earlier, and they both stated that the update has not been officially posted. I know that SAMmobile has a link to an updated firmware, Engadget has an article on this and Android Central does as well, however the update that might have been out there was pulled from Kies, and the OTA servers. AT&T and Samsung both stated they WOULD NOT offer support for any unofficial updates.  Also, from what I am seeing on other forums, the results are a mixed batch, 50% of the installs that made it before the update was pulled are reporting some sort of latency issue with the display and apps. Several more are complaining of botched installs via Kies, requiring them to use emergency firmware recovery, or unsupported Odin to flash the file available at SAMmobile.

Its absolutely terrible that we are STILL waiting for this update to come out, and when it does its likely to be full of bloat ware and bugs. I LOVE my GSGII, even though it is the I777 version and not the international unlocked version, but I will not make the mistake of buying into a carrier branded, modified  Frankenstein version of a phone again. The GSIII I purchase will be the real deal, quad-core, non-carrier bloat ware filled, and unlocked. Not a carrier branded, bloat ware filled regurgitated version with an inferior processor. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 7 of 59 (5,522 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Message 8 of 59 (5,456 Views)

Also, until source code is posted and can be reviewed, it should be assumed that I777 releases contain the trigger conditions for the "eMMC brick bug" that has been plaguing the N7000 lately.

Mention of this did hit XDA but most people just don't care, we've had I9100 firmware 100% ported since March.

Message 9 of 59 (5,349 Views)
Contributor

Tried the KBase solution noted above, downloaded Kies and sure enough the update doesn't show up.  Talked to both AT&T and Samsung support, and neither knew anything about it... 

Now they are just messing with us.  Not cool.

Message 10 of 59 (5,000 Views)
Scholar

This is such a joke. Someone at AT&T had to post the official support article with instructions on updating our phones and someone at Samsung had to explicitly release the update to Kies, yet both companies are acting as if they have no idea what's going on. This update should have been released several months ago; the fact that it hasn't been released is a sign of AT&T's (non)committment to its customers (and, indeed, the app/mobile-web industry that depends on devices being up-to-date). 

I'm sick of these ridiculous games and all the bloatware. I'm buying unlocked phones from here on out.

Message 11 of 59 (4,968 Views)
Teacher

Finally! Thanks,

How come it's not OTA?

Message 12 of 59 (4,906 Views)
Teacher

Same here. Just tried the up date on two separate computers. both using wired connection and latest kies software. the update not there. Hey so far we are only about 4 mo behind EU on upgrades. Once I am off warranty I may go pure ICS. Att cannot do anything right. period

Message 13 of 59 (4,693 Views)
Scholar

Today i get a reply from AT&T Facebook a/c. They saiy" sorry for any confusion. For your background, we do plan for the ICS upgrade to be live for the Galaxy SII very soon. We're still testing it out to make sure everything works smoothly. We recommend you wait to attempt the update. We're posting more information on this soon at this site: http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog."
Message 14 of 59 (4,647 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

redhot4400 wrote:
Today i get a reply from AT&T Facebook a/c. They saiy" sorry for any confusion. For your background, we do plan for the ICS upgrade to be live for the Galaxy SII very soon. We're still testing it out to make sure everything works smoothly. We recommend you wait to attempt the update. We're posting more information on this soon at this site: http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog."
Weird that blog says wait when AT&T has posted its release with instructions on updating.... https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414416&cv=820&_requestid=2655743#fbid=1NVh3nX1Fhg
Message 15 of 59 (4,632 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.