View all replies
(26)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 11:37:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

Unfortunately, I am having a few problems. My bluetooth headset (Motorola S305) breaks up when I am using wifi and charging the phone. I think AT&T would prefer I use wifi because I'm listening to Pandora.

Also, Gmail, Tumblr and Browser crash occasionally.

Unfortunately, I am having a few problems. My bluetooth headset (Motorola S305) breaks up when I am using wifi and charging the phone. I think AT&T would prefer I use wifi because I'm listening to Pandora.

Also, Gmail, Tumblr and Browser crash occasionally.

Re: ICS for vivid

2 of 27 (602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 12:21:31 PM
(0)
Employee

this is a new problem with ICS? or one you;ve been having?

this is a new problem with ICS? or one you;ve been having?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 27 (597 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 2:04:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

Those problems are new with ICS, occasional reboots out of the blue is an ongoing problem. Usually when I use the phone too much. 

Those problems are new with ICS, occasional reboots out of the blue is an ongoing problem. Usually when I use the phone too much. 

4 of 27 (592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 2:10:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
aBenjamin wrote- This is a new problem with the ICS.

I have not had the problem that he described. I dont really know a solution to that.
aBenjamin wrote- This is a new problem with the ICS.

I have not had the problem that he described. I dont really know a solution to that.

5 of 27 (591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 2:19:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

I think it is intermittant because sometimes it seems to be working. Someone suggested I unpair my headset and then pair it again. that worked this time.

I think it is intermittant because sometimes it seems to be working. Someone suggested I unpair my headset and then pair it again. that worked this time.

6 of 27 (588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 3:25:59 PM
(0)
Scholar
I have not came across the phone rebooting itself either.
I have not came across the phone rebooting itself either.

7 of 27 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2012 5:19:32 PM
(0)
Mentor
Maybe I use it too much?Smiley Wink
Maybe I use it too much?Smiley Wink

8 of 27 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:42:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
I wouldnt say use it to much, because i use the phone alot myself. But i have around 48 apps disabled and clean my phones memory repeatedly. If you dont do tho's things, its a good thought.
I wouldnt say use it to much, because i use the phone alot myself. But i have around 48 apps disabled and clean my phones memory repeatedly. If you dont do tho's things, its a good thought.

9 of 27 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:47:28 PM
(0)
Mentor
I'm not sure what to disable or how besides force stop. Does browser and gmail crash for you? I use tumblr and it also crashes.
I'm not sure what to disable or how besides force stop. Does browser and gmail crash for you? I use tumblr and it also crashes.

10 of 27 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 6:59:23 PM
(0)
Scholar
You go to your apps, go all the way to the right, click on some apps and they will give the options, and one of the options is to disable, this saves memory and saves your data. Its a major help. No i do not use neither of those. But you should clean all the history and everything, plus disable apps that come pre installed. Major major help.
You go to your apps, go all the way to the right, click on some apps and they will give the options, and one of the options is to disable, this saves memory and saves your data. Its a major help. No i do not use neither of those. But you should clean all the history and everything, plus disable apps that come pre installed. Major major help.

11 of 27 (514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:02:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
I wonder if it's ok to disable sense and all the att crap.
I wonder if it's ok to disable sense and all the att crap.

12 of 27 (514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:14:55 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yes disable all the pre installed att apps. I did and ive seen a big difference honestly. I would disable htc sense... Its up to you to disable htc sense but i wouldnt.
Yes disable all the pre installed att apps. I did and ive seen a big difference honestly. I would disable htc sense... Its up to you to disable htc sense but i wouldnt.

13 of 27 (512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:19:28 PM
(0)
Mentor
There are lots of apps some HTC I don't know if I need
There are lots of apps some HTC I don't know if I need

14 of 27 (510 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:26:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
Ok, htc sense live wallpaper, htc slide show wallpaper, htc weather and htc weather wallpaper looks like they can be disabled without any harm! Maybe even htc lock screen and htc location service. But the main ones that the phone really needs i dont believe it would be a good idea. Altogether there is 23 htc apps, i dont know what ones you are wanting to delete, but be careful to which ones.
Ok, htc sense live wallpaper, htc slide show wallpaper, htc weather and htc weather wallpaper looks like they can be disabled without any harm! Maybe even htc lock screen and htc location service. But the main ones that the phone really needs i dont believe it would be a good idea. Altogether there is 23 htc apps, i dont know what ones you are wanting to delete, but be careful to which ones.

15 of 27 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:32:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
Altogether i have 57 pre installed apps that i disabled. And ive noticed a massive increase in battery life, saving data, and frees alot of memory. So your choice my friend.
Altogether i have 57 pre installed apps that i disabled. And ive noticed a massive increase in battery life, saving data, and frees alot of memory. So your choice my friend.

16 of 27 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:34:03 PM
(0)
Mentor
I think I will leave them alone. Att apps don't allow disable. I'm not sure what I need, for example, footprints..
I think I will leave them alone. Att apps don't allow disable. I'm not sure what I need, for example, footprints..

17 of 27 (506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 7:37:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yes att apps do allow to be disabled
Yes att apps do allow to be disabled

18 of 27 (504 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 2:25:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

Something I seem to have just found out with the ICS upgrade and the change from "Market" to "Play Store"....

You no longer seem to have the ability to charge your PAID purchases to your AT&T account (easy to manage), instead they want you to create a Google Wallet account!

What was happening after the change-over is that when I'd try to purchase an app, it would say "An error had occured, try again later."

Researching this on the net said to clear the data cache for Play Store and reboot.

This requires you to set up your account again and the only option they give you is Google Wallet.

Google is cutting AT&T out of the money stream!

I also don't reallyy trust Google Wallet as they've had some security issues before.

Give us back AT&T!

Something I seem to have just found out with the ICS upgrade and the change from "Market" to "Play Store"....

You no longer seem to have the ability to charge your PAID purchases to your AT&T account (easy to manage), instead they want you to create a Google Wallet account!

What was happening after the change-over is that when I'd try to purchase an app, it would say "An error had occured, try again later."

Researching this on the net said to clear the data cache for Play Store and reboot.

This requires you to set up your account again and the only option they give you is Google Wallet.

Google is cutting AT&T out of the money stream!

I also don't reallyy trust Google Wallet as they've had some security issues before.

Give us back AT&T!

19 of 27 (474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2012 3:14:41 PM
(0)
Mentor
I'm ok with that as long as Google lets us turn off automatic purchases. I had a problem with att's system when I accidentally clicked an ad which charged my account.
I'm ok with that as long as Google lets us turn off automatic purchases. I had a problem with att's system when I accidentally clicked an ad which charged my account.

20 of 27 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 8:13:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

OK, I got tired of the browser, gmail and tumblr crashing and bluetooth problems when charging. I found a post somethere that suggested installing the update from the HTC website they call it the "RUU" update? I hope this fixes my problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1565600 led me to http://www.htc.com/us/support/vivid-att/downloads/ 

OK, I got tired of the browser, gmail and tumblr crashing and bluetooth problems when charging. I found a post somethere that suggested installing the update from the HTC website they call it the "RUU" update? I hope this fixes my problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1565600 led me to http://www.htc.com/us/support/vivid-att/downloads/ 

21 of 27 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 6:28:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
Have no idea what that is.
Have no idea what that is.

22 of 27 (469 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 6:43:46 AM
(0)
Scholar
Neither browser nor Gmail force stop. I don't use tumblr so I couldn't say anything there.
Neither browser nor Gmail force stop. I don't use tumblr so I couldn't say anything there.

23 of 27 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 6:46:26 AM
(0)
Mentor
The HTC link is the update but from HTC installed via pc instead of downloaded on phone. I'm not sure it solved my problems, Gmail crashed this morning on an email with images. I still have to use it a while to see.
The HTC link is the update but from HTC installed via pc instead of downloaded on phone. I'm not sure it solved my problems, Gmail crashed this morning on an email with images. I still have to use it a while to see.

24 of 27 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 7:20:20 AM
(0)
Mentor
That's the funny thing, they didn't/don't force stop, they just shut down/close/disappear.
That's the funny thing, they didn't/don't force stop, they just shut down/close/disappear.

25 of 27 (458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 7:24:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
HTC link?? What type of update is it?? My Gmail nor internet shut down.
HTC link?? What type of update is it?? My Gmail nor internet shut down.

26 of 27 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 9:34:42 AM
(0)
Mentor
It's ics update, I reinstated, you don't need if you don't have problems like I did:.
It's ics update, I reinstated, you don't need if you don't have problems like I did:.

27 of 27 (447 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments