ICS for vivid

Scholar

ICS for vivid

Is Anybody loving the update?
Message 1 of 27
Scholar

Re: ICS for vivid

Altogether i have 57 pre installed apps that i disabled. And ive noticed a massive increase in battery life, saving data, and frees alot of memory. So your choice my friend.
Message 16 of 27
Mentor

I think I will leave them alone. Att apps don't allow disable. I'm not sure what I need, for example, footprints..
Message 17 of 27
Scholar

Yes att apps do allow to be disabled
Message 18 of 27
Highlighted
Scholar

Something I seem to have just found out with the ICS upgrade and the change from "Market" to "Play Store"....

You no longer seem to have the ability to charge your PAID purchases to your AT&T account (easy to manage), instead they want you to create a Google Wallet account!

What was happening after the change-over is that when I'd try to purchase an app, it would say "An error had occured, try again later."

Researching this on the net said to clear the data cache for Play Store and reboot.

This requires you to set up your account again and the only option they give you is Google Wallet.

Google is cutting AT&T out of the money stream!

I also don't reallyy trust Google Wallet as they've had some security issues before.

Give us back AT&T!

Message 19 of 27
Mentor

I'm ok with that as long as Google lets us turn off automatic purchases. I had a problem with att's system when I accidentally clicked an ad which charged my account.
Message 20 of 27
Mentor

OK, I got tired of the browser, gmail and tumblr crashing and bluetooth problems when charging. I found a post somethere that suggested installing the update from the HTC website they call it the "RUU" update? I hope this fixes my problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1565600 led me to http://www.htc.com/us/support/vivid-att/downloads/ 

Message 21 of 27
Scholar

Have no idea what that is.
Message 22 of 27
Scholar

Neither browser nor Gmail force stop. I don't use tumblr so I couldn't say anything there.
Message 23 of 27
Mentor

The HTC link is the update but from HTC installed via pc instead of downloaded on phone. I'm not sure it solved my problems, Gmail crashed this morning on an email with images. I still have to use it a while to see.
Message 24 of 27
Mentor

That's the funny thing, they didn't/don't force stop, they just shut down/close/disappear.
Message 25 of 27
Scholar

HTC link?? What type of update is it?? My Gmail nor internet shut down.
Message 26 of 27
Mentor

It's ics update, I reinstated, you don't need if you don't have problems like I did:.
Message 27 of 27
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support