ICS for vivid

Highlighted
Scholar

ICS for vivid

Is Anybody loving the update?
Message 1 of 27
Mentor

Re: ICS for vivid

Unfortunately, I am having a few problems. My bluetooth headset (Motorola S305) breaks up when I am using wifi and charging the phone. I think AT&T would prefer I use wifi because I'm listening to Pandora.

Also, Gmail, Tumblr and Browser crash occasionally.

Message 2 of 27
Employee

this is a new problem with ICS? or one you;ve been having?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 27
Mentor

Those problems are new with ICS, occasional reboots out of the blue is an ongoing problem. Usually when I use the phone too much. 

Message 4 of 27
Scholar

aBenjamin wrote- This is a new problem with the ICS.

I have not had the problem that he described. I dont really know a solution to that.
Message 5 of 27
Mentor

I think it is intermittant because sometimes it seems to be working. Someone suggested I unpair my headset and then pair it again. that worked this time.

Message 6 of 27
Scholar

I have not came across the phone rebooting itself either.
Message 7 of 27
Mentor

Maybe I use it too much?Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
Scholar

I wouldnt say use it to much, because i use the phone alot myself. But i have around 48 apps disabled and clean my phones memory repeatedly. If you dont do tho's things, its a good thought.
Message 9 of 27
Mentor

I'm not sure what to disable or how besides force stop. Does browser and gmail crash for you? I use tumblr and it also crashes.
Message 10 of 27
Scholar

You go to your apps, go all the way to the right, click on some apps and they will give the options, and one of the options is to disable, this saves memory and saves your data. Its a major help. No i do not use neither of those. But you should clean all the history and everything, plus disable apps that come pre installed. Major major help.
Message 11 of 27
Mentor

I wonder if it's ok to disable sense and all the att crap.
Message 12 of 27
Scholar

Yes disable all the pre installed att apps. I did and ive seen a big difference honestly. I would disable htc sense... Its up to you to disable htc sense but i wouldnt.
Message 13 of 27
Mentor

There are lots of apps some HTC I don't know if I need
Message 14 of 27
Scholar

Ok, htc sense live wallpaper, htc slide show wallpaper, htc weather and htc weather wallpaper looks like they can be disabled without any harm! Maybe even htc lock screen and htc location service. But the main ones that the phone really needs i dont believe it would be a good idea. Altogether there is 23 htc apps, i dont know what ones you are wanting to delete, but be careful to which ones.
Message 15 of 27
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support