Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2011
12:10:02 PM
View profile
I want to upgrade but ATT is giving me the runaround

I want to upgrade and I’m eligible, but ATT is giving me the runaround.

I went to best buy and upgraded to a “dell streak” phone on 5/15/11. ATT does not carry this phone for some reason. On the same day, I exchanged the phone because it was defective. The second “dell streak” phone happened to be defective also and I returned it on 6/13/11. The best buy rep called ATT to submit an upgrade/contract reversal and told me to wait 3 days prior to buying another phone.

On 6/16/11, the third day, I went to a store to upgrade to a new phone but I was told that I’m not eligible for upgrade. I called ATT customer care to get some help. ATT told me to go back to best buy and have them submit the upgrade/contract reversal again (2nd time) and they did so on 6/16/11.

On 6/18/11, I went to a store to upgrade to a new phone and I was told again that I’m not eligible for upgrade. I contacted customer care again and I was told that they can’t help me. ATT asked me to go back to best buy again (3rd time) and ask them to submit an upgrade/contract reversal again!

I know for sure that best buy called in the upgrade/contract reversal because I was there right in front of them when they did it both times!

Both best buy and ATT suggested that I use the my other phone line or open additional line to get a new phone!! I had the same problem 2 years ago and I used my other line to upgrade. I can’t do it this time because both my wife and my son upgraded their phones.

Any suggestions? I searched this forum and did not find a workable solution. Thank you.

I want to upgrade and I’m eligible, but ATT is giving me the runaround.

I went to best buy and upgraded to a “dell streak” phone on 5/15/11. ATT does not carry this phone for some reason. On the same day, I exchanged the phone because it was defective. The second “dell streak” phone happened to be defective also and I returned it on 6/13/11. The best buy rep called ATT to submit an upgrade/contract reversal and told me to wait 3 days prior to buying another phone.

On 6/16/11, the third day, I went to a store to upgrade to a new phone but I was told that I’m not eligible for upgrade. I called ATT customer care to get some help. ATT told me to go back to best buy and have them submit the upgrade/contract reversal again (2nd time) and they did so on 6/16/11.

On 6/18/11, I went to a store to upgrade to a new phone and I was told again that I’m not eligible for upgrade. I contacted customer care again and I was told that they can’t help me. ATT asked me to go back to best buy again (3rd time) and ask them to submit an upgrade/contract reversal again!

I know for sure that best buy called in the upgrade/contract reversal because I was there right in front of them when they did it both times!

Both best buy and ATT suggested that I use the my other phone line or open additional line to get a new phone!! I had the same problem 2 years ago and I used my other line to upgrade. I can’t do it this time because both my wife and my son upgraded their phones.

Any suggestions? I searched this forum and did not find a workable solution. Thank you.

I want to upgrade but ATT is giving me the runaround

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2011 1:09:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

Call att customer care again and from now on go through the core stores it makes it alot easier and they just work with att.

Talk to an agent and see if they will override the upgrade to get you your phone instead of getting the run around customer service reps are there to help not to confuse you

Call att customer care again and from now on go through the core stores it makes it alot easier and they just work with att.

Talk to an agent and see if they will override the upgrade to get you your phone instead of getting the run around customer service reps are there to help not to confuse you

Re: I want to upgrade but ATT is giving me the runaround

2 of 2 (419 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments