I want another Android phone---are they coming to AT&T?

I want another Android phone---are they coming to AT&T?

I think the Droid is great.  I WANT one.   Right now, I have a G1 that CAN'T use AT&T's 3G, but I'm still on AT&T.

Here's the problem------for the same plan, it costs 50% more per month on Verizon. 

Over two years, that's MORE than the price of the phone ($600) in savings, plus the $200 they charge you to get the phone anyway.

In other words, I would BUY a Moto Droid today in cash if I could make it able to use AT&T's 3G.    The "Backflip" Droid phone is not what I want----flips open (3rd party battery support impossible, Android phones have AWFUL battery life), and it's all about social networking, which I am not.  

I have great coverage with AT&T even when I travel, except for the part about not being able to use AT&T's 3G.   It's been over 2 years now, but still no Droid support.   It's frustrating, but not frustrating enough to get an iphone or switch to Verizon and pay 50% more a month

There is all kinds of info out there for when Verizon gets this Android phone or that Android phone, but I can't find ANYTHING for AT&T and I am going to need a new Android phone in the next month or so.   Does anyone know if AT&T isn't getting any other Android phones in that time? 

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Expert

Re: I want another Android phone---are they coming to AT&T?

Yes more Android phones are in the works for all carriers.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support