I want Android with a keyboard!!

Contributor

I want Android with a keyboard!!

at&t - please do this for me (and people like me - i.e. the people who will stay with you after all your fickle iphone users jump ship for verizon).

With the exception of swipe typing, touch screen typing and i do not get along well. I hate the iphone.

I'm growing weary of my windows mobile 6.1 phone (htc p4600). I want a new phone, but everything that you guys are putting out is touch-screen only.

Sprint just released an evo with a keyboard...

i'm just sayin.

Message 1 of 7 (2,223 Views)
Employee

Re: I want Android with a keyboard!!

backflip, flipout, flipside. not saying they're great but they are what you're asking for

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (2,103 Views)
Contributor

thank you for a quick response. I know that you probably wont be able to do much about my request but a response from an at&t employee certainly means a lot to me. 

I type sooooo much faster with my keyboard. typing on a touch screen is terrible and inefficient. I'm sure that i'm not the only person that feels this way.

I will say this: if at&t doesn't secure something awesome soon (i'll give you guys a few months), i'll seriously consider jumping ship #ihopethisthreatinspiresfearintheheartofyourmobiledevicerelationshipmanager Smiley Surprised)

Message 3 of 7 (2,068 Views)
Master

LLroomtempJ wrote:

thank you for a quick response. I know that you probably wont be able to do much about my request but a response from an at&t employee certainly means a lot to me. 

I type sooooo much faster with my keyboard. typing on a touch screen is terrible and inefficient. I'm sure that i'm not the only person that feels this way.

I will say this: if at&t doesn't secure something awesome soon (i'll give you guys a few months), i'll seriously consider jumping ship #ihopethisthreatinspiresfearintheheartofyourmobiledevicerelationshipmanager Smiley Surprised)

What device do you currently have? I'm sure it has a keyboard... Smiley Wink Maybe just hold on out for a little while until AT&T gets some QWERTY Android slide-outs in its lineup. You're not the only one who would like a keyboard attached to a smartphone. It seems that AT&T's Android devices is pretty much all-touch from right now...

Perhaps there will be something that catches your eye in the next few months. I don't really know much of any upcoming devices, except the HTC Freestyle, but that is just a fancy QMD (with a keyboard). No Android OS.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 7 (2,062 Views)
Scholar

I have to agree about having a physical keyboard, though it's probably due to having fat/large fingers. Typing on a virtual keyboard is frustrating at times. It doesn't help that my Streak is stuck at 1.6 (I understand there are some keyboard modifications in 2.2).

I was able to get a stylus for my phone. A bit of a pin to carry around, but it's much easier to type with (even though I'm still 'chicken pecking').

The only androids I saw were on other carriers, for some reason they are few and far between on ATT

Message 5 of 7 (2,042 Views)
Master

Too bad they don't make a Buddy Case for Android phones like they do for the iPhone 4.  The problem with Android there are so many make/models with different sizes it's hard to get after market developers to do this as there would be too many variations.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/keyboardbuddycase/apple-iphone-4-keyboard-buddy-case_3968.htm

Message 6 of 7 (2,029 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

[ Edited ]

I agree about the keyboard, but I want to keep my huge screen too.  I currently use the Captivate, and would love to have a slide out keyboard.  I know it would make for a huge, bulky phone (maybe a quarter of an inch thicker?), but I think a lot of us would put up with that for the feature. I would even be willing to take half an inch wider to get an even bigger screen.

Message 7 of 7 (1,802 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.