I want Android with a keyboard!!

Contributor

I want Android with a keyboard!!

at&t - please do this for me (and people like me - i.e. the people who will stay with you after all your fickle iphone users jump ship for verizon).

With the exception of swipe typing, touch screen typing and i do not get along well. I hate the iphone.

I'm growing weary of my windows mobile 6.1 phone (htc p4600). I want a new phone, but everything that you guys are putting out is touch-screen only.

Sprint just released an evo with a keyboard...

i'm just sayin.

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: I want Android with a keyboard!!

backflip, flipout, flipside. not saying they're great but they are what you're asking for

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

thank you for a quick response. I know that you probably wont be able to do much about my request but a response from an at&t employee certainly means a lot to me. 

I type sooooo much faster with my keyboard. typing on a touch screen is terrible and inefficient. I'm sure that i'm not the only person that feels this way.

I will say this: if at&t doesn't secure something awesome soon (i'll give you guys a few months), i'll seriously consider jumping ship #ihopethisthreatinspiresfearintheheartofyourmobiledevicerelationshipmanager Smiley Surprised)

Message 3 of 7
Master

LLroomtempJ wrote:

thank you for a quick response. I know that you probably wont be able to do much about my request but a response from an at&t employee certainly means a lot to me. 

I type sooooo much faster with my keyboard. typing on a touch screen is terrible and inefficient. I'm sure that i'm not the only person that feels this way.

I will say this: if at&t doesn't secure something awesome soon (i'll give you guys a few months), i'll seriously consider jumping ship #ihopethisthreatinspiresfearintheheartofyourmobiledevicerelationshipmanager Smiley Surprised)

What device do you currently have? I'm sure it has a keyboard... Smiley Wink Maybe just hold on out for a little while until AT&T gets some QWERTY Android slide-outs in its lineup. You're not the only one who would like a keyboard attached to a smartphone. It seems that AT&T's Android devices is pretty much all-touch from right now...

Perhaps there will be something that catches your eye in the next few months. I don't really know much of any upcoming devices, except the HTC Freestyle, but that is just a fancy QMD (with a keyboard). No Android OS.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

I have to agree about having a physical keyboard, though it's probably due to having fat/large fingers. Typing on a virtual keyboard is frustrating at times. It doesn't help that my Streak is stuck at 1.6 (I understand there are some keyboard modifications in 2.2).

I was able to get a stylus for my phone. A bit of a pin to carry around, but it's much easier to type with (even though I'm still 'chicken pecking').

The only androids I saw were on other carriers, for some reason they are few and far between on ATT

Message 5 of 7
Master

Too bad they don't make a Buddy Case for Android phones like they do for the iPhone 4.  The problem with Android there are so many make/models with different sizes it's hard to get after market developers to do this as there would be too many variations.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/keyboardbuddycase/apple-iphone-4-keyboard-buddy-case_3968.htm

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Professor

I agree about the keyboard, but I want to keep my huge screen too.  I currently use the Captivate, and would love to have a slide out keyboard.  I know it would make for a huge, bulky phone (maybe a quarter of an inch thicker?), but I think a lot of us would put up with that for the feature. I would even be willing to take half an inch wider to get an even bigger screen.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support