I recently purchased a new Blackberry Curve and am trying...

Contributor

I recently purchased a new Blackberry Curve and am trying...

I recently purchased a new Blackberry Curve and am trying to load the software onto my laptop. But it keeps saying that the software doen't support my Blackberry. I went online to update the software and it still will not sync. What's up with this?
Message 1 of 9 (5,822 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: I recently purchased a new Blackberry Curve and am trying...

Did you use the CD that came with the phone, or did you download it?
Message 2 of 9 (5,793 Views)
Contributor

Hey, MAX69,

I used the CD that came with the phone. Then I went online to see about an update/upgrade. However, I still cannot sync with the phone. It says that the Desktop software does not support the Device software.
Message 3 of 9 (5,775 Views)
Scholar

Go to www.att.com/bbdownloads and down desktop manager version 4.2 sp2
Message 4 of 9 (5,743 Views)
Professor

racouch wrote:
But it keeps saying that the software doen't support my Blackberry. I went online to update the software and it still will not sync.

What's the exact error message?
Message 5 of 9 (5,653 Views)
Contributor

I was beginning to think that I was the one who was crazy. Now after three trips to the store, multiple trips to the download site finally the "Desktop Manager"  works (I downloaded version 4.2 , service pac 2 for Vista). Now, however, when I plug in my phone the USB does not work. I"ve gone to the device manager and it says that the driver is working but it does not operate the Curve 8310. The guys in the store don't have a clue about this. I hate to say I'm glad to see that someone else is having the same problem. Somehow, some way by tomorrow I'm going to get to someone at AT&T to get this answered. Putting up drivers on the web site for one would be a good start. Then I'll come back here and post what I found out. Sorry I can't do more for you tonight.
Message 6 of 9 (5,577 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, a BB OS update would be the best in this case.
Message 7 of 9 (5,548 Views)
Professor

sailman1 wrote:
I was beginning to think that I was the one who was crazy. Now after three trips to the store, multiple trips to the download site finally the "Desktop Manager"  works (I downloaded version 4.2 , service pac 2 for Vista). Now, however, when I plug in my phone the USB does not work. I"ve gone to the device manager and it says that the driver is working but it does not operate the Curve 8310. The guys in the store don't have a clue about this. I hate to say I'm glad to see that someone else is having the same problem. Somehow, some way by tomorrow I'm going to get to someone at AT&T to get this answered. Putting up drivers on the web site for one would be a good start. Then I'll come back here and post what I found out. Sorry I can't do more for you tonight.

The drivers are included with the Desktop Software. I'm not sure about Vista, but on an XP machine they can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\. Under that folder you'll find the frolders USB Drivers, Modem Drivers and BBBI Drivers.
Message 8 of 9 (5,504 Views)
Expert

This might be a bit late.  But one thing I would like to point out is that at pluging the BB into a USB hub ends up in the system not recognizing or seeing the BB.  If the connection was not ade directly then I recommend a direct connection to the US port and by passing the hub.
Message 9 of 9 (5,312 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.