Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 9, 2008
9:43:44 AM
View profile
I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my l...
I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my laptop, a Dell Latittude D600.  I'm using XP Pro and have not had any issues with any hardware or software up to this point.  As soon as I plug the card in, the "Blue Screen of Death" pops up and I have to physically push the power button to get the computer to get it to restart.  I have been unable to get to the point to even install the software.
Does anyone have any ideas???  Please help!
I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my laptop, a Dell Latittude D600.  I'm using XP Pro and have not had any issues with any hardware or software up to this point.  As soon as I plug the card in, the "Blue Screen of Death" pops up and I have to physically push the power button to get the computer to get it to restart.  I have been unable to get to the point to even install the software.
Does anyone have any ideas???  Please help!

I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my l...

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2008 10:58:41 AM
(0)
Master
Boot into safe mode, copy the "SETUP.EXE" fril from the 881u to your hard drive, and then boot into regiular mode.  Make sure not to put the card in until the software is installed.  The issue is your cd-burning program is trying to install the Mass Storage device as burnable media.  Probably using Nero or Adaptec Coaster creator.
Boot into safe mode, copy the "SETUP.EXE" fril from the 881u to your hard drive, and then boot into regiular mode.  Make sure not to put the card in until the software is installed.  The issue is your cd-burning program is trying to install the Mass Storage device as burnable media.  Probably using Nero or Adaptec Coaster creator.

Re: I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my l...

2 of 3 (2,130 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 11:25:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
Wow! Hi tech answer from Excaliber!  Make sense though.

I also had same problem with your air card on my Dell Inspirion laptop.  AT&T "experts" said that their new GT Ultra Express Card would work much better with my laptop using the express slot.  They exchanged it for no cost and now I have a perfectly operating card!
Wow! Hi tech answer from Excaliber!  Make sense though.

I also had same problem with your air card on my Dell Inspirion laptop.  AT&T "experts" said that their new GT Ultra Express Card would work much better with my laptop using the express slot.  They exchanged it for no cost and now I have a perfectly operating card!

Re: I recently purchased a USBConnect 881 card to use on my l...

3 of 3 (2,031 Views)