I need to know if the Sierra 875u has built in WLAN capab...

Contributor

I need to know if the Sierra 875u has built in WLAN capab...

I need to know if the Sierra 875u has built in WLAN capabilities, it appears not to have it built in. If not i need to get the ATT Communication Manager 6.2 version to enable the built in WLAN on this dell laptop to work in WI-FI hot spots. Traveling to Switzerland tomorrow and I need to be able to connect to the hotels wireless network to reduce cost instead of paying GSM rates in Europe.
Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: I need to know if the Sierra 875u has built in WLAN capab...

The technical specs don't show that it includes a WIFI radio as the is normally built in to most laptops now.  You can download the latest communications manager here: 

Be careful using your at&t data abroad.  If you have asked for international roaming to be activated it's normally $20 per megabyte unless you have a special package rate and even the package rates don't work in every country and have maximum data caps.

Message Edited by DWC1 on 04-06-2008 06:45:55 PM
Message 2 of 4
Master

pcwallace wrote:
I need to know if the Sierra 875u has built in WLAN capabilities, it appears not to have it built in. If not i need to get the ATT Communication Manager 6.2 version to enable the built in WLAN on this dell laptop to work in WI-FI hot spots. Traveling to Switzerland tomorrow and I need to be able to connect to the hotels wireless network to reduce cost instead of paying GSM rates in Europe.

The answer you requested is "No." the card does not have WiFi built into it.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you, for your information and help. I had to re-enable the WLAN card that was built-in to the laptop. It was disabled when the ATT Communication Manage was installed. Again, thank you for the help.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support