I need advice/help

I need advice/help

I have a refurbished iphone.   Did NOT have insurance and too late to buy any.

Just DROPPED my phone and the front glass shatttered.  What are my options?  I imagine I have to purchase a new phone.  Help!  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (409 Views)
Professor

Re: I need advice/help

Apple out of warranty replacement is $199.

Schedule an appointment with the Genius bar at your local Apple store... ask them very nicely, they may replace it under warranty.  If not, it will be $199.

Message 2 of 5 (408 Views)
Master

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar it will save you time.  www.apple.com/retail

You never know if they will replace it for free. Just be honest, polite....  It is all up to the Genius who is working with you.  In the worst case, $199 which is still better than a new iPhone.

Good Luck!  (They have done some amazing things for me where I thought I might be buying a new computer due to a spillage of Diet Coke on the keyboard)

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 5 (391 Views)

Apple will replace your iPhone for $199 out-of-warrenty. If you bring the phone in, they may even replace it for free. However, don't get your hopes up.

Message 4 of 5 (339 Views)
Professor

Exactly right. My friend just broke his screen, went to the Apple store, and they fixed it, replacing the glass on the spot in about 10 minutes. Charge? $0. NOt saying for sure that will be your experience, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask.
Message 5 of 5 (259 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.