I need Help With mi Cellphone

Contributor

I need Help With mi Cellphone

Well , few days ago i bought a cellphone on Ebay but its Locked for AT&T only so i need the unlock code for my phone, How i could get this code?

Message 1 of 11
Master

Re: I need Help With mi Cellphone

Are you an ATT customer?  If so and you've been a customer for 6 months you can call customer service and request an unlock code.

If your not an ATT customer,  there are third party sites you can use and pay them to unlock it for you.

Message 2 of 11
Contributor

no im not AT&T coustummer , so paying on a page its the only way?

Message 3 of 11

call att customer service and tell them you bought it on ebay and then ask them for the unlock code and the directions.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 11
Contributor

Im not Att costummer i can call aniway?
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Master

You can try.  But they probably won't give you the unlock code.   More than likely you will have to pay a 3rd party source to unlock your phone.  Or contact the seller at E-Bay.  Did they mislead you into stating the phone was unlocked?

What kind of phone is it?  If its an IPhone, there's no way they will give you an Unlock Code, they won't even give an unlock code to customers. 

Message Edited by Athena on 12-28-2009 09:54:22 PM
Message 6 of 11
Professor

if its an iphone, your outta luck, att will provide the codes to non customers as long as the device is not active on an acct or reported lost/stolen. If its a nokia, your gonna wait 2 weeks.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 11
Mentor

AT&T will provide non-customers with the unlock code as long as the phone doesnt come up as a stolen phone.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 11
Professor

exactly what i said, just not the iphone, you can't get the iphone unlocked. (unless you use a third party to do so)

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 11
Mentor

My apology MrKroppcircles. There was a 4 minute difference in posting times... must not have seen yours yet. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Professor

lol, know i see that, woops...

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support