Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
11:26:13 PM
View profile
I might cancel two contracts if either i dont get the 4s for free or a manager doesnt get fired

so i new this phone was coming out i went to att store in another town they said i could pre-order it but chances are i wont get it on the 14 because people pre-ordered it before me so i said okay

i went to the att store in my town they said they are not taking preorders but the phone will be here at 12:50 pm on october 14 i was like okay now throughout the weeks i kept calling them and no answer i woke up called them today at 10 they said up were getting it at 12:50 so i said okay i walk over at 12 and he was selling the last phone i was like you told me at 12:50 he said yeah it came earlier he lied to me and i hate liers so now im extremely frustrated cause if he didnt lie to me i wouldve found another way to get the phone

i called corpoerate to file a complaint i told them i want to cancel my service they offered me 6 months $30 off my bill cause ive been with the service for 6-8 years me and my mother who is also on the contract so now tommorrow i was thinking of getting the number of the district manager and see what he can do i swear ill go to th news if i have to this is not right at all i was going to sell my previous phone im glad i didnt i wouldve been without a phone for awhile soooo i want this phone for free or the guy fired or im breaking two contracts any ideas on what i can do to get what i want? i mean i can see if it was a regular salesmen lying to me but a manager? come on so any comments would be appreciated

so i new this phone was coming out i went to att store in another town they said i could pre-order it but chances are i wont get it on the 14 because people pre-ordered it before me so i said okay

i went to the att store in my town they said they are not taking preorders but the phone will be here at 12:50 pm on october 14 i was like okay now throughout the weeks i kept calling them and no answer i woke up called them today at 10 they said up were getting it at 12:50 so i said okay i walk over at 12 and he was selling the last phone i was like you told me at 12:50 he said yeah it came earlier he lied to me and i hate liers so now im extremely frustrated cause if he didnt lie to me i wouldve found another way to get the phone

i called corpoerate to file a complaint i told them i want to cancel my service they offered me 6 months $30 off my bill cause ive been with the service for 6-8 years me and my mother who is also on the contract so now tommorrow i was thinking of getting the number of the district manager and see what he can do i swear ill go to th news if i have to this is not right at all i was going to sell my previous phone im glad i didnt i wouldve been without a phone for awhile soooo i want this phone for free or the guy fired or im breaking two contracts any ideas on what i can do to get what i want? i mean i can see if it was a regular salesmen lying to me but a manager? come on so any comments would be appreciated

I might cancel two contracts if either i dont get the 4s for free or a manager doesnt get fired

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 1:06:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

Why would you believe the phones would be arriving at the store at 12:50?  What kind of estimate is that, it makes absolutely no sense and you should not have been so gullible.  

On top of it all, for such a popular item as a BRAND NEW iPhone on release day, would would you show up 50 minutes before this "supposed" 12:50 time.  Certainly there would be a line well well before that.

All stores without a doubt had the phone before Friday, probably had it on the 10th or 11th.  I'm not sure what planet you are from but businesses do not work that way.  A corporation like AT&T would not get a product shipped to them in the middle of the day and just start selling it.

You should of done some research, it's not AT&T's fault, and why did you go there in the first place.  Why didn't you go to the Apple store like the rest of the world who didn't preorder it.  Mine came to my doorstep today, how convinient.

Why would you believe the phones would be arriving at the store at 12:50?  What kind of estimate is that, it makes absolutely no sense and you should not have been so gullible.  

On top of it all, for such a popular item as a BRAND NEW iPhone on release day, would would you show up 50 minutes before this "supposed" 12:50 time.  Certainly there would be a line well well before that.

All stores without a doubt had the phone before Friday, probably had it on the 10th or 11th.  I'm not sure what planet you are from but businesses do not work that way.  A corporation like AT&T would not get a product shipped to them in the middle of the day and just start selling it.

You should of done some research, it's not AT&T's fault, and why did you go there in the first place.  Why didn't you go to the Apple store like the rest of the world who didn't preorder it.  Mine came to my doorstep today, how convinient.

Re: I might cancel two contracts if either i dont get the 4s for free or a manager doesnt get fired

2 of 19 (6,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 1:09:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

Also, none of these supposed delusional outcomes "30 dollars off your bill for however many months", a "free 4s" or "getting a manager fired" would ever happen in a million years.  Keep dreaming though young man your post was amusing.

Also, none of these supposed delusional outcomes "30 dollars off your bill for however many months", a "free 4s" or "getting a manager fired" would ever happen in a million years.  Keep dreaming though young man your post was amusing.

Re: I might cancel two contracts if either i dont get the 4s for free or a manager doesnt get fired

3 of 19 (6,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 5:16:21 AM
(0)
Guru
If you did get $30 off your bill for 6 months, you are the luckiest person in the world. You are not getting a free phone and you are not getting anyone fired! Besides if you want a free 4S? You basically got it! $30 for 6 months is $180 and the 4S is $199. There you go!
If you did get $30 off your bill for 6 months, you are the luckiest person in the world. You are not getting a free phone and you are not getting anyone fired! Besides if you want a free 4S? You basically got it! $30 for 6 months is $180 and the 4S is $199. There you go!

4 of 19 (6,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 6:00:07 AM
(0)
Professor
Are you sure he said "at" 12:50 and not "by" 12:50? I don't know of any company that knows the exact time the UPS or FedEx truck will show up with their delivery, but I could understand them knowing that they will deliver no later than a certain time.

As far as filing a complaint, I doubt it would do much good. Basically it's your word against an AT&T employee, and they could simply say that they said "by" instead of "at", or that they simply made a mistake and the phone came earlier, since they have no control of when the shippers deliver. What you got wasn't a "contract" by any legal definition. Plus it sounds like a lot of people didn't get their phones yesterday for any number of reasons, so this is just one more in a large pile. I doubt even the local news media has any interest as there are a lot more important things to report on other someone who still has a working phone and who's only "harm" was not getting a very popular item on launch day (along with thousands of others).

I think your chances of getting a free phone or the manager fired are 0.000000%.
Are you sure he said "at" 12:50 and not "by" 12:50? I don't know of any company that knows the exact time the UPS or FedEx truck will show up with their delivery, but I could understand them knowing that they will deliver no later than a certain time.

As far as filing a complaint, I doubt it would do much good. Basically it's your word against an AT&T employee, and they could simply say that they said "by" instead of "at", or that they simply made a mistake and the phone came earlier, since they have no control of when the shippers deliver. What you got wasn't a "contract" by any legal definition. Plus it sounds like a lot of people didn't get their phones yesterday for any number of reasons, so this is just one more in a large pile. I doubt even the local news media has any interest as there are a lot more important things to report on other someone who still has a working phone and who's only "harm" was not getting a very popular item on launch day (along with thousands of others).

I think your chances of getting a free phone or the manager fired are 0.000000%.

5 of 19 (6,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 6:01:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

Dunno, dwill05... I think that estimate might be high, honestly.

Dunno, dwill05... I think that estimate might be high, honestly.

6 of 19 (6,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 7:55:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by pamelaz on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:56:19 AM

apple store is no where near me not to mention my town is small so there wasnt gonna be a big line i wanted a 32 gig so no still no phone ill go as far as the news for all i care [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

apple store is no where near me not to mention my town is small so there wasnt gonna be a big line i wanted a 32 gig so no still no phone ill go as far as the news for all i care [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

[ Edited ]
7 of 19 (6,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:01:37 AM
(0)
Mentor
So you would be willing to lie to the press because someone supposedly lied to you? Isn't there some faulty self-serving logic here?
So you would be willing to lie to the press because someone supposedly lied to you? Isn't there some faulty self-serving logic here?

8 of 19 (6,433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 4:28:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

What you ask isn't going to happen. Everyone knows how crazy new iPhone releases are. You will NEVER get an iPhone without doing a pre-order. As for showing up 50 mins before. Really? You think that was long enough being as people wait DAYS to get them? Do you not understand the meaning of 1st come 1st serve? If it's that big of a deal to you. Leave AT&T. Although I believe they are not in the wrong. You are. 

Trying to get a free phone? Really? What does that have to do with anything besides you trying to take advantage of a problem you've caused. Top it off. They gave you $30 or your bill for 6 months. There's your free phone. 

What your asking for is ridiculous. If anything. AT&T should fire you from there network.

What you ask isn't going to happen. Everyone knows how crazy new iPhone releases are. You will NEVER get an iPhone without doing a pre-order. As for showing up 50 mins before. Really? You think that was long enough being as people wait DAYS to get them? Do you not understand the meaning of 1st come 1st serve? If it's that big of a deal to you. Leave AT&T. Although I believe they are not in the wrong. You are. 

Trying to get a free phone? Really? What does that have to do with anything besides you trying to take advantage of a problem you've caused. Top it off. They gave you $30 or your bill for 6 months. There's your free phone. 

What your asking for is ridiculous. If anything. AT&T should fire you from there network.

They should just let YOU go

9 of 19 (6,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 4:36:33 PM
(0)
Master

indigochild23
wrote:come on so any comments would be appreciated

What comments are you looking for here? If ya ask me, you're lucky that AT&T gave you the $30 credit. That is more than the rest of us got who were also placed on a long waiting list for the iPhone 4S.

indigochild23
wrote:come on so any comments would be appreciated

What comments are you looking for here? If ya ask me, you're lucky that AT&T gave you the $30 credit. That is more than the rest of us got who were also placed on a long waiting list for the iPhone 4S.

10 of 19 (6,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2011 5:17:58 PM
(0)
Professor

indigochild23 wrote:

good luck on getting them for free. just pay the ETF for both accounts and leave AT&T becuase you did not get your way.

indigochild23 wrote:

good luck on getting them for free. just pay the ETF for both accounts and leave AT&T becuase you did not get your way.

hello!!!

11 of 19 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 5:44:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ShaunMN on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:26:44 PM

If your approach with the rep was anything like your spelling and grammar, it's no wonder you feel you were mistreated. I'm sorry, but how you address people and speak to them makes all the difference in the world. You are still complaining and you are getting $30 off your bill for 6 months{please keep it courteous}

If your approach with the rep was anything like your spelling and grammar, it's no wonder you feel you were mistreated. I'm sorry, but how you address people and speak to them makes all the difference in the world. You are still complaining and you are getting $30 off your bill for 6 months{please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
12 of 19 (1,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 2:30:42 AM
(0)
Professor
The OP hasn't been here since the afternoon on 10/15, so he's long gone. Kind of wonder if he ever got his free phone or got someone fired. I'm guessing probably not.
The OP hasn't been here since the afternoon on 10/15, so he's long gone. Kind of wonder if he ever got his free phone or got someone fired. I'm guessing probably not.

13 of 19 (1,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 7:13:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

indigochild23 wrote:

any comments would be appreciated

People seem to have unreasonable expectations sometimes.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but honestly what would you have done had you been the manager. He gave you the information he had. His information was wrong (but not under his control.) It's not like he's not going to sell phones that people are waiting to buy.

indigochild23 wrote:

any comments would be appreciated

People seem to have unreasonable expectations sometimes.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but honestly what would you have done had you been the manager. He gave you the information he had. His information was wrong (but not under his control.) It's not like he's not going to sell phones that people are waiting to buy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 19 (1,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 7:22:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would agree that that's an accurate assumption... Smiley Wink Requesting a brand new iPhone for free is already silly enough, but managing to persuade a store manager's boss to lose their job is even sillier.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I would agree that that's an accurate assumption... Smiley Wink Requesting a brand new iPhone for free is already silly enough, but managing to persuade a store manager's boss to lose their job is even sillier.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

15 of 19 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 24, 2011 7:40:45 AM
(0)
Professor

Yea right a FREE iphone..rofl.... some one fired yea ok, i filed a complaint a long time aginst a store empoyee  to have him fired for not doing his job and showing me disrespect in front of my wife and kids. 1 month later the Clown was still on the job.

AT&T is ok for service

Yea right a FREE iphone..rofl.... some one fired yea ok, i filed a complaint a long time aginst a store empoyee  to have him fired for not doing his job and showing me disrespect in front of my wife and kids. 1 month later the Clown was still on the job.

AT&T is ok for service

hello!!!

16 of 19 (1,064 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 9:48:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I stood in line overnight for the iPhone 4S.  What makes you think you could just call the store and waltz in and get one?!  It sounds to me like you believe you are entitled.  Ummmm....you're not.

I stood in line overnight for the iPhone 4S.  What makes you think you could just call the store and waltz in and get one?!  It sounds to me like you believe you are entitled.  Ummmm....you're not.

17 of 19 (709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 4:18:11 AM
(0)
Expert

dayeshere wrote:

you do realize this post is close to 5 moths old right?

dayeshere wrote:

18 of 19 (692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2012 8:49:02 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by Max69 on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:49:20 AM

wingrider01 wrote:

dayeshere wrote:

Maybe he just got home from standing in line...

wingrider01 wrote:

dayeshere wrote:

Maybe he just got home from standing in line...

[ Edited ]
19 of 19 (673 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments