Helpful Links

I'm so ticked off.....What are my options??

Tutor

I'm so ticked off.....What are my options??

So I ordered three phones on Friday morning 10/7 online through Premier.  

All three are still on backorder.  The order wasn't even processed until 10/10!  That's also when the hold was put on my credit card.

I'm really ticked -- two are birthday gifts for birthdays that are long gone, and I realllllly hate that they have to wait weeks.  What are my options now?  If I were able to find some in-store tomorrow, how would I even activate since all three ordered phones are for existing iPhone accounts (grandfathered with unlimited data plans)....

Suggestions welcome....

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 18

Re: I'm so ticked off.....What are my options??

At this late stage, not sure you have a lot of options. Have you tried calling Premier & asking them how long it would take to restore your upgrade eligibility if you cancel the orders? I suspect the answer is that this won't all be done in time for you to queue up at an Apple Store tomorrow. You can try your chances with canceling the order, standing in line at an Apple Store, hoping that they'll sell you 3 (prior iPhone launches have limited the quantity being sold to individual buyers), and then hope that between Apple and AT&T you can avoid paying full price for the phones.

Message 2 of 18
Tutor

When I asked about cancelling the orders and restoring the accounts, I was told they can't cancel and I can only refuse the order when it's delivered.  I have a hard time believing this is true.  

I had really been hoping the comments I've been following all week about previous times things not being updated online but the phones actually being shipped on time were true....The ATT folks on the phone have been extremely unhelpful. 

I don't understand why my acknowledgment email that I got minutes after I placed the order on 10/7 came through with an expected delivery date of 10/14, but then the order wasn't actually entered into their system for three days.  

Message 3 of 18
Mentor

Dont be surprised if you do receive them tomorrow. They are going out as "overnight" shipping and a lot of the shipments won't get updated till today. So don't worry to much yet.

Were you given a tracking number yet? IF so, it should be updated today hopefully. If no tracking, than you guess is as good as mine. Good luck
Message 4 of 18
Tutor

No, no tracking numbers for any of them.... Thanks for the good wishes.

Message 5 of 18
Contributor

I am in the exact same situation! I just looked at my order online and it says it wasn't processed until 10/10/11 even though I order it Friday morning around 8AM... and no tracking number here either but I'm keeping my fingers crossed still.  I will be one unhappy camper if I have to wait 2 weeks.  My iPhone 3G has been on the fritz and I need a new phone quick!

Message 6 of 18
Tutor

I ordered mine at 7am on the 7th and my order wasn't "processed" until Oct. 9th. I have been lied to on several occasions that my phone was "reserved" and all that other jazz....blah..blah..blah...Now they are finally telling me "sorry charlie" but your order was on the 9th and you'll just have to wait another 3-4 weeks. I am really insulted and have been misled/lied to by ATT for the last time.

Get ready to wait another 3-4 weeks!!!!

Message 7 of 18
Tutor

This is horrible.  

Message 8 of 18
Mentor

i feel your pain! i am in the same boat with ordering 3 phones on 10/7...confirmation on 10/8. cant even find the order when i log into my account. i keep talking with them and they said to check on 10/13 and i tried again today to check and now they are backordered.  what was the point of the preorder? i'm so sad. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 18
Mentor

My god, this is almost getting comical.  How can the only carrier to have rolled out 3 of these world-wide ordering clusters is the one having the most problems? 

Message 10 of 18
Tutor

They did have over 200,000 orders in less than 12 hours. That alone with crashed servers is a huge headache. Most CSR reps are temporary hires as well due to the insane spike in calls and requests. Remember it's just a phone, definitely not the end of the world.
Message 11 of 18
Former Employee

AT&T gets them when ever Apple ships them. Apple is making them as fast as they can (actually there are like million people in China manufacturing iPhones). All orders are places in one list and processed in order they were received. I'm sorry to say it guys but you were just a little too late on your orders. When we opened our store on the 7th, before we even opened it, we were told that shipping times are 14-21 days, later that day they were moved to 21-28 days. It all comes down to how effectively Apple supplies a demand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no where were there ever made any specific guarantees that you'll get them on the launch day.  

Message 12 of 18
Teacher

I feel the pain because before I place an order with the rep on the phone she confirmed and PROMISED me that I will receive it Friday and Monday at the latest. I then received an email stating i have to wait 21-28 days being confused I called and spoke to another rep who went into the system confirmed with me that I am good to go not sure why my status isn't correct. couple days later called and got two reps who are horrible with customer. one said i have to wait 14-21 days because the phones are not shipped out till the 14th (which is WRONG). The other one said i have to wait 21-28 and that the money that is charged from my account is because I accepted the agreement and on the contract where it said money will be deducted when product is shipped is not valid. I was given a false promise. I am really angry because I didn't have to place an order with AT&T and take a chance and wait at the apple store or the AT&T store instead of waiting for weeks since my current 3gs phone is not working!
Message 13 of 18
Expert

It could be worse, the iPhones could be shipping from New Zealand, and we'd all be in trouble.  Smiley Wink

Take a look at the VIDEO in this article!

Message 14 of 18
Teacher

I wouldn't be mad if they say something along the line of yes it is backordered and the wait would be this long. I was promised one thing and now the situation is playing out another. that is misleading.
Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support