I just can't seem to figure this mobile banking download out....

Contributor

I just can't seem to figure this mobile banking download out....

Hello people. I have seen several threads relating to issues with the mobile banking feature but none have answered the questions...or at least I havent been able to find the answer.

I have a Blackberry 8310 from AT&T. BB plan, email, internet, (the works)etc. I used to have the mobile banking app on my 8100, which I used a bit, but now I can not get it to download on the 8310. I go to the Suntrust Bank website, go to mobile banking and they send me a SMS with the link in it.  When I get the link, it comes up with the download button, but as soon as I press it, about 3 seconds later it has a box that says "download failed" when I click on the details button it says "909 Application authentication failure".

Like I said, several others have had the same issues, but I cant seem to find any remedy or a fix for this issue. Any ideas? I would really like to have this app installed on my new "upgraded" phone.

Thanks in advanced.

Mark
Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: I just can't seem to figure this mobile banking download out....

You have two options.
1. Use the Blackberry desktop manager
a. Load CD that came with blackberry on computer
b. After loading - switch device wizard will copy all settings to 8310

2. Copy and paste this link into browser (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html/)
a. Login and update PIN and IMEI that can be found on the UPC barcode of the box or from the phone go to settings-options-status. After info update you can click on send service books and then save.

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Uh, no. Thats not my problem.  My computer has the desktop software installed, no problem.  And the IMEI and PIN have already been corrected.  I am not have issues with my phone with any other sites.  ONLY trying to download OTA mobile banking.  Its probably something to do with the BB software upgrades from the 8100 to the 8310.  Thanks for the post. I appreciate the help.

Mark
Message 3 of 5
Tutor

hey hardim....did u ever get it to work....i have the same error and is driving me nuts...i wud like to use this app on my blackberry 8300. lemme know if you got it to work.
Message 4 of 5
Former Moderator

Due to its date, this thread is now being closed. Should the OP need additional assistance please feel free to open up a new thread.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support